Author Topic: MOST ABNORMAL PEOPLE  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: MOST ABNORMAL PEOPLE
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2002, 06:49:57 PM »
I would say Count Petofi, not to mention his abnormal hand.

abnormal hand, wig, eyes and nose. . ..all of IT ABNORMAL. . .
Julia99

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2002, 08:57:50 PM »
I, too, was going to say Count Petofi.

SPOILERS

Anyone else with "powers" was a witch or warlock or something (vampire, phoenix) and had a reason to have powers.  Petofi was apparently a mortal human being, but he somehow possessed awesome powers.

SPOILERS...

He may have been mortal at one time, like Angelique, but by the time he came to Collinsport, IMO, he hadn't been mortal for quite some time.  He had powers independent of his famous "hand" -- for example, the talents he bestowed on Charles Delaware Tate, and the charm on Quentin's portrait -- and IIRC, no trace of him was found after he supposedly perished...just those funny blue glasses.  He may have legitimately lost them in his haste to escape, or he could have left them behind as a red herring, but I think that if the series had continued, the character would have returned in a later storyline.

Cheers,

Linda

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2002, 10:31:35 PM »
I think it is abnormal that no one asks Adam how he got all those scars.... or maybe they have and I just missed it.  [hdscrt]

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2002, 02:33:52 AM »
I think it is abnormal that no one asks Adam how he got all those scars.... or maybe they have and I just missed it.  [hdscrt]

My guess is they just took it for granted that he ran his motorcycle into a barbed wire fence!

My question would be why Dr. Lang made him look like that? Did he put the face together first and wanted to practise his stitchwork?  It isn't patchwork, that would make SENSE.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton