Author Topic: Uh oh...is DS pervading the household? New PHOTOS on p. 2  (Read 5214 times)

Connie

Uh oh...is DS pervading the household? New PHOTOS on p. 2
« on: July 26, 2002, 01:35:56 PM »
:o

I couldn't help but crack up at this.  Last evening my boys were out in the driveway playing with a basketball.  All of a sudden I hear my 8-year old yell, "OW!  MY SOUL!  MY EVERLASTING SOUL...I'VE LOST IT FOREVER!!"  
WHERE do they get this stuff?  ROFL
I have a sneaking suspicion though.  Their sister's been watching DS for the past couple of weeks, and I believe the boys have been watching some of the scenes.  I know 'cause I heard my 11-year old say the other day that Elizabeth is getting on his nerves and he wished they'd just bury her already.  And Bryn (whose soul has been lost forever-lol) asked if he could go to the Fest next year.

Has anyone else been experiencing any sort of incidious Dark Shadows invasion, what with kids home during the summer with nothing better to do in the morning than watch DS??

-CLC   :-/

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh...is DS pervading the household?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 05:42:25 PM »
;D That's great!!

The only comparison I have is my four year old -soon to be 5 and "pretending" that he is  ::) claiming that he couldn't do something because he was a "Bampire"!!  Then he bared his "fangs" and hissed like a cat

Yeesh!

Franimal

Connie

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 05:50:46 AM »
;D That's great!!
The only comparison I have is my four year old -soon to be 5 and "pretending" that he is  ::) claiming that he couldn't do something because he was a "Bampire"!!  Then he bared his "fangs" and hissed like a cat

LOL !!  Yeah, ya know, being a "Bampire" DOES have its drawbacks.
Oh, ya know what else?  Ya know this SIMS game that's so popular?  Where you build houses and create characters that interact with each other?  Well, my son wants to build Collinwood and create Barnabas and Julia, and everyone. Apparently the game has a voodoo doll that you can do things to people with.

Oy vey...  ::)

-CLC

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2002, 12:22:29 AM »
My children were very into DS last year but so far this year other things have taken over. Sigh, though my daughter keeps asking when the Q-man will make his appearance.  I miss sharing DS with my kids.  My son is now very into Baseball.  The red soxs tend to be the hot topic at the supper table.  My 13 year old daughter seems to want to spend all her time with friends, and begging her father to put in a pool.  Sometimes she will still watch with me.

I do find DS creeping into my life in different ways.  Last week at work we were talking about nationalities and ancestors.  This woman who was from Lebon asked what exactly is an incester.  We broke up in hysterical laughter.  I laughed much harder than the rest of us for of course the connection to Roger's famous blooper.
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Connie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2002, 06:44:56 AM »
Sigh, though my daughter keeps asking when the Q-man will make his appearance.  I miss sharing DS with my kids.

Yeah - it is kind of fun watching DS with someone else.  Weird thing is....right now my kids are watching and I'm not!  (Adam - Eve - zzzzzzzzzzz...)  Wake me when 1897 starts!   ;)

My son is now very into Baseball.  The red soxs tend to be the hot topic at the supper table.

Oh dear...same problem here, only it's the Mets at the supper table.

I do find DS creeping into my life in different ways.  Last week at work we were talking about nationalities and ancestors.  This woman who was from Lebon asked what exactly is an incester.  We broke up in hysterical laughter...

Yes - I know what you mean.  Plus, ya know what else I find?  There are lots of people around who were big DS fans during the original run, and aren't aware that the show is on now!  Last year when I was taking my film from the Fest to the photo shop, the guy behind the counter freaked.  Didn't realize it was being shown, didn't know there were festivals, etc.  Hell -- up until about 3 years ago I didn't realize it either!  LOL  I was flipping channels one morning and came upon it by accident.  Saw Barnabas, and was like, OMG!  I don't believe it!  LOL

-CLC

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2002, 03:56:53 AM »
I've been blessed with a hubby, who at the mere sight or mention of anything Dark Shadows related, breaks into a warbling operatic-pitched rendition of the Dark Shadows theme. Lucky me - ::)

Dom

Offline CandleLighter

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2002, 06:24:48 AM »
I'm trying to convince my niece to name her baby Grayson... she is going to name it Lucas if it is a boy... Lucas Grayson is good I think!   If it is a girl and she names it Grayson... I will always call it  Joooooolia  
[vryevl][vryevl][vryevl]

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2002, 07:27:17 AM »
Let's see... the other day I was talking with my sister and her kids about a relative whose wedding was in 1974.  I thought for about two seconds and blurted out "wow... she was married just three years after Dark Shadows went off the air".  Methinks I need a life?   ;D

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 09:07:11 AM »
Connie,
That is hilarious :D
My daughter has started watching DS again.
Her favorite storyline 1897.
And Shadows Altanta- get I know. I do the same thing.
But have been trying to stop as I get the comment
from my kids-"Jeez Mom! Not everything relates to
Dark Shadows!" LOL :-X

Offline Nicole

• Junior Poster
  • ...But I look so innocent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2002, 09:18:57 AM »
DS hasn't really invaded my actual family outside of the occasional event of watching it with my mom.  However, it invaded my college family pretty heavy last fall.  I got one of my roommates into it and we watched the lead up into 1897 and a pretty good deal of 1897, much to the chagrin of the other two roommates who didn't really get it.  Anyway, we ended up nicknaming a guy we knew "Ned" (ala Mr. Stuart) because it matched his loud, abrasive, annoying personality.  Every time he walked by or his name came up in conversation, one of us would mention "Ned" and we'd both start laughing.

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2002, 10:10:59 PM »
I'm trying to convince my niece to name her baby Grayson...
[vryevl][vryevl][vryevl]

We recently rescued a gray Austrailian Shepard, and decided to keep her.....I argued to name her 'Grayson' but we settled on Gracie......well, my wife decided to name her Gracie [I still call her Grayson a lot!!], and the same wifey calls my downstairs listening room 'the dungeon' [I call it the LaBongAtory] [evilb]

and I just realized we have no photos of Grayson, er, Gracie on our web site - that will change today!!

watch this space for photos!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2002, 10:35:46 PM »
We recently rescued a gray Austrailian Shepard, and decided to keep her

.....aren't you a brave couple?  I knew an Australian Sheepdog....he was roughly the size of a locomotive....and terribly friendly!!  Yes, photos of Grayson would be much appreciated, Ringo....especially by Abbeymarch who, I'm sure, still misses her puppy.

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2002, 03:55:16 AM »
Dear Ringo,
Yes, please let us see a picture of your new "daughter"!!
This is the third dog that has "found us".
There is no better, more loyal companion than a rescued dog.
If you've never taken in a dog (versus a puppy) before, please feel free to discuss any "situations" that might occur.
Our Norman was 1/2 Aussie shepard, 1/2 Malamute.
BE PREPARED FOR THE HAIR!!!!
They have a double coat & the wooly (and I stress wooly) undercoat sheds everywhere. Buy stock in a vacuum cleaner company!!
Lots of luck. They are great companions.
abbey march

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2002, 07:45:51 AM »
There is no better, more loyal companion than a rescued dog.

Yep, our Border Collie is a rescue, too, and I am a volunteer for the local humane society, [I'll be on the morning show with the pooch of the week this thursday :D] and we help socialize pups that get trained to be canine assistant dogs.  Humans should protect animals, they take better care us and of the planet than humans do!!  I will post a photo of Grayson [er, Gracie] here tomorrow - band practice, regular stuff got in the way today!!

BE PREPARED FOR THE HAIR!!!!

I am always prepared for hair! ;D

Good Karma!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2002, 06:59:31 PM »
Dear Ringo,
Yes, please let us see a picture of your new "daughter"!!

Heeeeere's Grayson!  [Gracie if you are the wife!!]

We actually found her, running scared [bump, bumpa-da-bump - Roy Orbision reference] dirty, skinny and pretty freaked out along a busy highway, and coaxed her into the car with Cookie!  We woulda never caught her without Cookie ~ and she would not have lasted long on that road!!  :-[  We tried for weeks with flyers, and ads in the paper to locate an owner, but no one surfaced, so finders, keepers!!! ;D

If ya wanna see a couple more [to not take up a lotta room here] clik on the below:

Grayson talking to the neighbor:
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/DoggyPhotos/Gracie6.jpg

Grayson and her 'sister', Cookie, another rescue from the humane society [and Ringo!]:
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/DoggyPhotos/3PoochHeads1crop.JPG

and you're welcome to back off to the parent dir, and see the ones of other dogs that have begun their training for the canine assistant program! [talk about a Win-Win-Win situation! :D :D :D] Buddy and Willie [!] are in training.... Felix is one of our cats, Rascal is the wife's sister's pooch.

http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/DoggyPhotos/