Author Topic: Chicken Little Was Right!  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: Chicken Little Was Right!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2002, 03:31:34 PM »
Ah, yes, I remember that poster. I never knew what it was for, but it looked pretty creepy. Still does.

Moody Blues... my favorite group out of the 70s. Can't count the number of times I saw them in concert. Raineypark, a rock topic... what a great idea. ;)

--M

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2002, 03:39:19 PM »
McCriseyde,

Ah, yes, the Turtles (also known as Flo and Eddie)!

I think that the other song on the  flip side of the 78 RPM record (remember those?) of "Chicken Little Was Right" may have been "She's My Girl" (a song Willie Loomis, no doubt, played every night as he fantasied about Maggie Evans).

Doombuggy69,

Great information about the late and very talented Bill Graham of Fillmore West.  Incidentally, the man depicted on of those posters, with the long, black hair and the dark sunglasses reminds me of the late, great Roy Orbison of "Pretty Woman" fame.

I remember when PBS aired a concert from the Fillmore West with an eclectic lineup featuring the Birds and ShaNaNa.  We got to see the musicians "interacting" with one another back stage before the concert.  Roger McGuin went up to the lean, mean and extremely articulate "Bowzer" of Sha Na Na and said: "Peace to you, brother."  To which the "King of Slicked Back Hair" replied: "Get away from me, you 'expletive-deleted' hippie!"

The portrait of the woman holding the young child looks like, IMHO, a depiction of the Blessed Virgin with the baby Jesus.

Bob the Bartender, former busboy at the Bottom Line and CBGB's

Connie

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2002, 03:57:16 PM »
Vlad, "The Turtles" were a popular group back in the 60's. They had hits such as "Happy Together" "She'd Rather Be With Me" and "Elenore."

And don't forget It Ain't ME Babe - my favorite.

-CLC  8)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2002, 11:48:05 PM »
Well, I may have to eat my words from a month or two ago when I voiced my doubts that David's room is located in the tower.  MB, I think, stated that David's room is the second floor of the tower.  Today's opening shot of the tower, then shot to David's room, did imply that.  The windows do look the same and the walls of David's room do appear to be curved.

I'm assuming this was another continuity error. I remember in the first year of the show they showed David in the window of his room looking out, and it wasn't near the tower. Also I remember Vicki's room being across the hall from David's. I wish someone on the show had done a outline of where all the characters' rooms were located so they wouldn't change them midway through the series.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2002, 11:06:13 AM »

There's something that used to be on the wall, an orange drawing, that may be on the dresser now, that looks like a picture of "Garfield" (the cat).  Don't think that's possible, though.  And is that the crystal ball on a bedside table?

In yesterday's episode we got to see David's dresser pretty close up so I was able to get a better view of what was on it.

It's definetely not Garfield but rather a cartoon picture of a dog. It looks familiar but I haven't a clue on where it's from.

"Calamity Jane"

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2002, 04:09:11 PM »
It couldn't  be "Garfield" on David's dresser because that comic was not created until 1977 by Jim Davis. This is 1969.  Unless Barnabas picked it up for David on one of his time travel trips to the future!

It's most likely one of those "funny little animal" type cards that were popular in the late 60's, with groovy sayings. I had a Laugh In cartoon kit around that same time that featured many characters with funny sayings, that you could stick onto them with "cartoon word" balloons.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
IRe: Chicken Little Was Right!
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2002, 06:00:22 PM »
One of the posters from David's room (it might be the dog you mention) shows up later in Buffy's room.  I remember thinking it seemed to be so out of place in relation to the rest of the decor.  Perhaps the staff at DS would decorate the different sets with items that weren't' called for in order to have a good laugh on each other.

I'm not surprised that David didn't have a TV in his room back in those days.  Mrs. Kennedy didn't allow her children (John and Caroline) to watch TV while they were growing up from what I've read. Just because a family is wealthy, they aren't necessarily open to new trends in society.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf