Author Topic: KLS On PBS Tonight  (Read 655 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
KLS On PBS Tonight
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:40:41 AM »
Sorry for the late notice, but I was just checking out TV Guide's Web site to see what's on TV tonight (oh, for the good old days when we could find such things in the actual print version of TV Guide, but I digress....) and I noticed that PBS' national schedule lists Philip Marlowe: Private Eye, an HBO series that KLS was a regular on back in the '80s. Supposedly, it's on at 11pm - but PBS stations tend to make their own schedules, so it's best to check your local listings to see when or even if it's on in your area. (Alas, it's not running on any of the PBS stations in mine.  [ghost_sad])

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: KLS On PBS Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »
Maybe it's on what they're calling "Mystery Masterpiece" now.  Thanks.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: KLS On PBS Tonight
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »
Mystery Masterpiece is currently in the middle of running the final series of Foyle's War eps. Philip Marlowe: Private Eye is separate. And speaking of the show, if you missed my post from last night, that doesn't necessarily mean that you've missed your chance to catch KLS because PBS stations almost always run their shows in several different time periods throughout the week. Anyone who has any desire to possibly watch should probably go to tvguide.com to check if the show is being shown/shown again in their area in the near future. To do so, simply type in Philip Marlowe: Private Eye in the box at the top of the home page under "Search for TV Listings, Movies, Celebrities, Photos & More" and then click on the "Search" button. When the next page comes up, click on the " Philip Marlowe: Private Eye on HBO - Philip Marlowe: Private Eye ..." link. And once the page for the show comes up, click on the "TV Listings" button. If you haven't already set up the site for your particular area/cable system, you'll probably be prompted for that info, but otherwise what comes up next will either tell you when/where the show is on in your area or that it's not being shown at all in the next 14 days. And if you learn that it's not being shown, all is not lost because the show is available on DVD - usually for less than $10.