Author Topic: Shadows in the Sun Picnic August 16, 3008  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Shadows in the Sun Picnic August 16, 3008
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:33 PM »
Hmmm - I've never seen the bowling alley - I'll definitely have to check TWBB out...

And, yes - can you just imagine Barnabas bowling? Or better yet, Barnabas and Vicki bowling as part of one of their romantic evenings at the Old House?  [ghost_cheesy]

Hey MB you the expert however I recall an article in US WEEKLY saying "Things look grim in the bowling alley of the Dohney Mansion..." that is how it started out.  I need to go dig up my scrapbook.  If I am not mistaken they were talking about the scene in which Julia [spoiler]is possessed by Angelique and kills Joe![/spoiler] Of course they made it look nothing like a bowling alley!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »
From what I gather, the bowling alley didn't look much like a bowling alley until it was restored for There Will Be Blood, so the DS crew probably didn't have to do much to it.

Now I'm picturing Ben Cross and Barbara Steele in those awful multicolored rented bowling shoes.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »
Until I reread it in the concordance for the '91 series, I'd completely forgotten that the bowling alley was used as the spot where Barnabas' coffin was hidden. I planned to bring that up in the Pilot - Part 2 topic, but you beat me to it here.  [ghost_smiley]  Though as MsCriseyde rightly guessed, my intent with my original comment here was that I've never seen the working bowling alley, meaning lanes, pins, balls, the whole enchilada.  [ghost_wink]  And it's hysterical to imagine that during the day while Barnabas slept, if the bowling alley had been functioning, Willie could have been in the same room bowling a few strings because I think we'd all suspect that would have been something Willie wouldn't have been able to resist.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 10:24:50 PM »
THAT made me laugh my head off!  Willie bowling while poor Barney is trying to sleep!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/