Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0140  (Read 1013 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0140
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0140
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:01:36 AM »
David Henesy's good.   I wonder if he was using disturbing experiences he'd had himself.   Good version of the Pheonix story Laura told David... but then DM herself said the Pheonix story was so compelling to her when she read it, that she had to have the part.   

After David invites Laura up to his bedroom, and says something like "I want to show you my toys" (?), Millay lets loose with a very little-girlish "Oh-keeyay!!!"  (as in "Okay!").   It's a little hard to hear since she has her back to the microphone.

Another Invaders premiere promo!   Now THAT I was watching at the time....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
After Vicki pulls David up from the precipice at Widows' Hill, they hug each other tight. Made me wonder when was the last time anyone hugged the poor little fellow.

David listens raptly as his mother tells the compelling Phoenix story. Even his mother's description of the bird consumed in flames doesn't seem to bother him, and he's forgotten how frightened he was when he had that nightmare. But just then, a strong wind blows the front doors and even the drawing-room doors open to reveal Vicki eavesdropping in the foyer. Is this Josette's doing? It may very well be, because the fire suddenly blazes up, possibly in answer, as Laura gazes possessively at David....

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
David Henesy's good.   I wonder if he was using disturbing experiences he'd had himself.   Good version of the Pheonix story Laura told David...

No doubt about it, but I find that I am missing his wickedness in these episodes.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
No doubt about it, but I find that I am missing his wickedness in these episodes.

Keep your eye on Mom for that!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
Roger blabs to his sister that Carolyn was with Burke.
Laura dines with the family apparently she isn't special enough to eat in the dinnin room they onced mentioned and they eat in the kitchen.  Vickie eavedrops as Laura reveals the story of the Phoenix to David but No chance of Matthew catching her and accessing her of snooping and prying when she actually is.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
David Henesy's good.   I wonder if he was using disturbing experiences he'd had himself.
Or else he was thinking about The Invaders.

Good version of the Pheonix story Laura told David.
Yes indeed.  The quality of it reminded me of the storytelling in episode 233.

Had Laura touched David before today?  I can't remember whether she did the other night in the drawing room at Collinwood, but I think she probably didn't, because such a big deal was made of him putting her hand in hers today.  It seems to me that that may have changed him.

Laura dines with the family apparently she isn't special enough to eat in the dinnin room they onced mentioned and they eat in the kitchen.
And wasn't the table setup lousy!  Five people were squeezed into three sides so the camera could get a look at them via the fourth side.  It looked very unnatural.  And Roger was seated at the head of the table (such as it was) and I say Elizabeth should have been there.

How did Laura get away with not eating anything?  I suppose she gives such an air of being a law unto herself that it seemed unsurprising that she should do such a thing.  But I would like to have seen Mrs. Johnson cleaning up afterwards and grumbling to herself about how some people were too high and mighty to eat what was put before them.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
And wasn't the table setup lousy!  Five people were squeezed into three sides so the camera could get a look at them via the fourth side.  It looked very unnatural.

I imagined them all beckoning to the cameraman, come on and join us!  We left a place for you!   And then he came out from behind the camera, and sat down....

I suppose the producers were concerned that if they showed a fancy dining room, the viewers would start resenting the Collins wealth...