Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0137  (Read 730 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0137
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:00:37 AM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0137
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »
Nancy Barrett and hubby David Ford in the same episode. Wowee!

That couple must have had quite a few drinks to find a spinning wicker lantern so amusing.

I really feel bad for Sam. I do. Not only does he have Burke and Roger on his back, (not to mention Maggie’s constant nagging at him),but now he has this mysterious compulsion to paint a canvas he doesn’t want to paint, nor does he know the reason why he’s doing it. Of course, Roger’s no help. Sam should have realized that before he asked him to come to his house. But then, Sam is pretty desperate for any answer to his problem. 

Roger bursts Burke’s bubble pretty well here, implying that he and Laura are going to reconcile. He’s one up until Carolyn tells Burke that Laura is staying in the cottage. Gotta love it.
And I love how Roger and Burke  stand on either side of Sam, who is sitting down, and they’re arguing and looking like they’re about to come to blows. Sam’s in a pretty precarious place there.

Definitely enjoyed Mitch Ryan’s performance today. He absolutely looked the part of the poor disillusioned sap.

Shot of a squad car with lights flashing outside Collinwood. Heh, heh…
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
Carolyn thinks it would be funny if Laura--who is actually her aunt--turns out to be her rival for Burke. Only at Collinwood....

Sam picks up a knife to slash the dreadful painting of Laura surrounded by flames--but at the last moment, he can't make himself do it. Not the last time someone takes a knife to a painting!

With the squad-car lights flashing, the sheriff arrives at Collinwood to tell Roger about a TELETYPE (wow, that takes me back) his office just received from Phoenix, Arizona. Was it really all that urgent??

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
Carolyn thinks it would be funny if Laura--who is actually her aunt--turns out to be her rival for Burke. Only at Collinwood....

Vicki as even a remotely possible rival was dead serious business to Carolyn, but her own aunt as a rival is a scream...  And of course I'm talking about Aunt Laura being Carolyn's rival for her hot, sophisticated uncle...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
There's that, too.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »
There is now a mirror hanging to the right of the entry doors and Roger and Carolyn conduct part oftheirnscene reflected there. The sheriff wants Roger again. The Blue Whalei is busy with extras today they apparentl haves new budget for the new year.  Burke is so not over Laura.  Thebody of Laura Collins was foundburnedto death in Phoenix!!!!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
So, Laura was burnt to death in Phoenix.  Is it a ghost that we're seeing?  And is the reason fire attracts her gaze that she died by fire, just as the Widows congregate at the Hill because that's where they died?  And is the reason Sam is being compelled to paint her portrait that Laura knows that you're a substandard ghost if you don't have a a portrait?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
You're far better than I am at suspending your knowledge of upciming events, Lydia...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor