Author Topic: More random thoughts..............  (Read 531 times)

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
More random thoughts..............
« on: January 30, 2003, 02:55:44 AM »
I don't know who's keeping the count on Roger Davis touching his head but he did it at least three times in one of his last days as Dirk and the tally didn't go up.

Also, why is Barnabas listed as a 175 year old vampire.  He was chained in the coffin in 1796 and released in 1967, a difference of 171 years.  I don't know how old Barnabas is supposed to be in the 1795-6 story line but Jonathan Frid was 42 when he began his portrayal of the character.  Assuming Barnabas is 40 then that would mean that he was born around 1755, which means he would be 212 years old when released in 1967.  In order to be 175 in 1967 that would mean he was born in 1792 which can't be right because he's a grown man in 1795.  I know this is trivial but I like things to make some sense.  In the publicity of the show why didn't they just say that he's a 200+ year old vampire and leave it at that.

On a bright spot I am really enjoying the show right now.  I must have began watching this show in 1969 because for the last several months I've remembered some of what's been going on.  I remember being fascinated by the Queen of Clubs and I'm sure it's because of it's prominence in the last involving Minerva Trask and the others.  

This is the first time I've seen these episodes since they originally aired.

Murph

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
Re: More random thoughts..............
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 03:01:11 AM »
CORRECTION!!!!

I meant to write the Queen of Spades NOT the Queen of Clubs.

Sorry

Murph