Author Topic: DS Mention  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
DS Mention
« on: May 18, 2003, 02:34:26 PM »
I was just watching CBS News Sunday Morning where they have been doing a segment on "Home is Where the Heart Is". A Hollywood tour of famous homes showed Greystone where the tour guide mentioned that it had been used in numerous shows including Dark Shadows.  ;D
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:DS Mention
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 04:36:18 PM »
I just received my payment form from the DS Fest folks and there's a little piece about Dan Curtis saying that DS series might be in the works for 2004.

California is a beautiful state with many beautiful houses but I for one hope if this thing comes to pass, that he will consider going back east for filming.  There's just something about New England that is so intriguing and the west coast just can't measure up (and this is from a die-hard mid-westerner!).
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 03:24:27 AM »
I just received my payment form from the DS Fest folks and there's a little piece about Dan Curtis saying that DS series might be in the works for 2004.

California is a beautiful state with many beautiful houses but I for one hope if this thing comes to pass, that he will consider going back east for filming.  There's just something about New England that is so intriguing and the west coast just can't measure up (and this is from a die-hard mid-westerner!).

Along with not having palm trees show up in the background ala DS '91.  But I've whined about that already.

Gerard

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 03:32:57 AM »
Hasn't Dan Curtis been talking about a NEW DS series ever since the end of the LAST DS series?  It's a sort of perennial rumor, isn't it?....showing up faithfully every year....like buds on an azalea plant?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 05:46:44 PM »
speaking of DS mentions.... dont forget tonite is the 50th anniversary of abc at 8pm. there should be a mention of ds on the show.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 08:02:32 PM »
Hasn't Dan Curtis been talking about a NEW DS series ever since the end of the LAST DS series?  It's a sort of perennial rumor, isn't it?....showing up faithfully every year....like buds on an azalea plant?

True. . and love DS as I do.. i love the old one.. the 91 Revival Series had its moments but. . .Dan needs to move on. . .or try Kolchak, wait. .that was the X-files right, its redo?
Julia99

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 08:40:37 AM »

That would be the best news that I've heard in a long time concerning the show!!  (keeping my fingers crossed)

Deb