Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0428  (Read 1274 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0428
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0428
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »
I'm always surprised that Joshua didn't think Nathan had the guts to kill Suki.  No doubt the Collinsport Strangler is a more likely suspect, but I never understand the eagerness to say that people whom we don't like are cowards.

I like the way random sightings of Barnabas are slowly coming together into a solid question as to his condition and his whereabouts.

And once again, I love Millicent.  I don't think we have previously heard the story of her sickly childhood, but it certainly makes sense.  Poor thing, she never had a chance.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 11:44:33 PM »
Nathan reminds me a great deal of Quentin. Good for Joshua for denying Nathan access to the shipyards. Serves him right for how terribly he treated Millicent!

How much can a servant's testimony count for during this period in time? Surely it wouldn't hold as much weight as someone more respected, so why is Peter trying so hard to persuade him to testify? I suppose it's because they don't have many people willing to dispute  Trask, so they need all the help they can get.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »
Ben was a convict and a semi-slave since he was an indentured servant.   I'm surprised they even let him take the stand.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
Poor Millicent seems to be going crazy because nobody believes she saw Barnabas, and because Nathan Forbes deceived her. Also, Joshua must think he's going crazy, because he did not see Barnabas in his coffin the first time, then he did see Barnabas in his coffin the second time! [shkdg]

That's great that Joshua kicked Nathan out of the house, but I think Joshua went too far when he forbade Nathan from going to the shipyard, since Nathan is in the Navy. [nono]

I don't blame Peter for talking to Ben. Ben seems to be Vicki's only hope.  [idea2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:19:15 AM »
Joel Crothers gave a marvelous performance in this episode.  Loved his scene with Joshua.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »
That's great that Joshua kicked Nathan out of the house, but I think Joshua went too far when he forbade Nathan from going to the shipyard, since Nathan is in the Navy. [nono]

I don't blame Peter for talking to Ben. Ben seems to be Vicki's only hope.  [idea2]

I don't agree that Joshua went too far in dealing with Nathan. His treatment of Millicent, both in recent and in episodes to come, is horrible. As Joshua said, it was the navy's problem where to put Nathan. Joshua had every right to banish Nathan from anywhere portaining to the Collinses.

Would Vicki have been convicted anyway if Peter hadn't been able to get one person to testify on her behalf? Certainly it wouldn't have helped her defense any if not one single solitary soul was willing to step up and speak up for her.

I wish Ben hadn't referred to Vicki as the witch when he knows it was Angelique who was causing the trouble. It wasn't like Abigail, Trask, or the Countess were hanging around him at the cemetery and Joshua hadn't arrived quite yet.

Nathan insisting he would have loved Millicent anyway if she gave up her fortune was a laugh, especially when, a few episodes later, [spoiler] after they are married, Daniel tells him that Millicent signed her money over to him....the shock on Nathan's face was unforgettable. [/spoiler] Also he had some nerve telling Millicent she WAS obligated to hear him out after lying to her about Suki's true identity. In fact Nathan's whole behavior in this episode is clearly self-centered. He knows he has lied to the woman he supposedly loves, but only sorry that he got caught doing it, not because he was sorry for having actually done it. No wonder Millicent wanted to kill him.