Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1051  (Read 1010 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1051
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1051
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
It's old baby-faced, throaty-voiced Claude North!   I always think that CN was meant as DS's next morally ambiguous, mysterious, magnetic heartthrob, and he just didn't catch on.   He seems to want it too badly.   I get the impression that he's too young, and over-reaching himself.   Look, I'm being magnetic and mysterious! he seems to be thinking.   I could be all wrong though, it's just an impression.

Carolyn was just stabbed to death... why is anyone still sleeping in that house?!   

My nightmares are something like Maggie's, here.   I dream about endlessly struggling to get my family to believe in this medical problem of mine, only to find they have an evasive answer for everything.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1051
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
It's old baby-faced, throaty-voiced Claude North!
I kept thinking of what Kathryn Leigh Scott quoted Grayson Hall as saying: that Dan Curtis hired people with large faces and interesting voices.

Apparently Claude North sold Roxanne to Tim Stokes.  How did that work?  And I find it interesting that in parallel time the secret room of the mausoleum is occupied by a man who apparently died in a previous century and who has or had great power over at least one sweet young thing, of whom he is unreasonably fond.

It seemed strange to see Barnabas using the phone in the Old House - and stranger still that he was using it to call Buffie, instead of using vampire power.  As he soliloquized over Roxanne when, presumably, he was at Buffie's apartment, what was Buffie thinking?  Maybe she had gone to work and wasn't there.  I don't think we ever see Buffie again, which would be fine with me because I got tired of her very fast, but the idea of the unpredictably wandering Roxanne staying - or not staying - in Buffie's apartment is full of possibilities.  If Roxanne wanders off while Buffie's working, will Barnabas tell Buffie, "You betrayed me!"?  And I'll bet Buffie's landlady is going to notice something's going on and come a-snooping and find something out and tell her cronies (she must have cronies!) that she thinks Buffie is [gasp] a lesbian!

I like what Maggie said: "Alexis is having one of her seizures."  A nice unsupernatural explanation of a supernatural occurrence.  In generations to come, it will be remembered of Aunt Alexis that she was very nice, but inclined to seizures, poor thing.

The Quentin-and-Maggie plot is back, after what seems like at least a month of neglect.  Of course that's partly due to the Watching Project's Summer Slowdown, but I think Kathryn Leigh Scott had herself a nice little vacation as well.  I'd sort of like to know what she did to top last summer's Africa trip, but maybe she just went home to Minnesota.