Author Topic: New Cover for Dark Shadows Resurrected DVD Set. Same content?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: New Cover for Dark Shadows Resurrected DVD Set. Same content?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 02:20:54 AM »
If it says Fox on the back of the disc that would be correct.  Fox releases all MGM owned titles, as part of a deal that came about several years ago.

If I'd bothered to pay closer attention to my various Stargate series DVD sets, I would have known that.  [ghost_wink]  But the truth is I bought them, I put them on the shelf, and I haven't gotten around to watching them yet.

For a brief period in 2005 Sony owned MGM which is why some will say Sony.

That's what I was familiar with.

the 4x3 1.33FF ones are up on hulu if you wish to check them out.

They've changed the version they're showing - excellent!  [thumb]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
I see the day-for-night is still off (at least in the pilot - that's the only ep I checked) but at least what Hulu is showing is no longer as hideous as it was back when we discussed it in March of '09:
...I didn't check all the day-for-night scenes. The ones I did check looked right, but the one of Daphne walking to her car is just as bad as on the DVDs. And what's much worse - I was wrong about Hulu having the original NBC 4x3 aspect ratio. I was going by the fact that the aspect ratio on Hulu is 4x3. BUT what they've done - and this is even worse than what was done for the DVDs - they've cropped the sides of the "widescreen" DVD frames to make them 4x3!! So what that means is that Hulu's version not only has the top and bottom of the original framing cropped, it also has the left and right sides cropped!!  [eek]  [angryf]

Thank heavens they now have the correct 4X3 ratio! I'd also prefer they had the correct day-for-night effect - but honestly, one can live with a few incorrect day-for-night scenes so long as the aspect ratio of the show isn't butchered.  ;)

RachelDrummand

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 03:51:47 AM »
The new cover is OK but I don't really care for how they represented Josette though. Is it just me or does she look like a vampire there? I think it's her eyes. Ugh...no doubt to appeal to those Twilight fans. *pukes*

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 12:20:48 PM »
I don't think they altered the Josette pic, remember a vampire version of Josette gave Barnbas the bite that made him a vampire. An illusion created by Angelique?

RachelDrummand

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28:52 AM »
Oh right. Maybe that was it but the dress was different when Vampire Josette gave him the bite.