Author Topic: Trouble Posting  (Read 1296 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Trouble Posting
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:18 PM »
For the past week, I've experienced trouble whenever I've tried to post anything (usually a birthday greeting on the Calendar/Events board) to the forum.  At first, whenever I would try to preview my post, I would get a "Page not found" screen. So, I would open up the forum again, go back to where I was, and start over. However, this time I would try to post without first previewing.  The same error would occur.  Usually after this point, I would be unable to bring up the forum home page at all; I'd have to wait 15-30 minutes before trying again.  This has happened at least four times in the last week, and it only happens when I try to write a message; I have no problem reading posts of jumping from one section of the board to another. 

I don't know if it's related, but also throughout the past week, I keep receiveing pop-up notices that my computer has detected an intrusion by the Win32.Zafi.B worm. Yet, Norton AntiVirus, whenever I run a scan, can't find anything more than an occasional cookie, so I'm not sure is there is an infection or not. :(

Has there been trouble with the server lately, or is the problem on my end?  If the latter, does anyone have advice for me on how I can fix the problem?

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble Posting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:51:22 PM »
Hmm - how very odd. I can't say I've had any problems posting or heard from any other members who have. But if anyone has encountered anything similar to your problem, I hope they'll either post in this topic (if they can) or send us an e-mail.

Offline ProfStokes

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:32:11 AM »
Do you know anything about this Zafi.B worm, MB (or anyone else here)?  I haven't been able to find conclusive information on how to exterminate it.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:44:44 AM »
That you're getting frequent popup alerts for it that are not coming from your Norton program means they're probably fakes caused by a trojan infection.  You might start getting other fake warnings as well, but do not follow the instructions in any of them.  Have you tried using any legit anti-spyware to get rid of it?

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:51:24 AM »
MB knows how and he's willing to come to your house and take care of it himself. What a great guy he is. [snow_ghost]

nancy

Do you know anything about this Zafi.B worm, MB (or anyone else here)?  I haven't been able to find conclusive information on how to exterminate it.

Offline ProfStokes

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:20:57 AM »
Have you tried using any legit anti-spyware to get rid of it?

Not yet, Midnite.  One tip I heard suggested a site called superantispyware.com but I haven't downloaded anything from it yet.  Do you know if this is a good site to use, or might you have any other recommendations for what I might try?

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:41:24 AM »
Yes, try that one.  I wouldn't wait, and good luck to you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 05:04:50 AM »
he's willing to come to your house and take care of it himself.

Actually, if I was closer and I knew exactly what to do, I would offer to take care of it myself. But since ProfStokes and I live on opposite sides of the country, that would have to be one expensive house call!  [snow_wink]