Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0593  (Read 696 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0593
« on: November 21, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
Robservations #593

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0593

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 06:33:41 PM »
At least get Maggie a damn pillow, Willie!    Grayson should have had at least a hint of manic desperation, in the "planning session" scene with Barnabas in the Old House drawing room.   Instead, she just walks through it in a casual, matter-of-fact way.

Welcome back, Carolyn.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
Julia makes Barnabas take a stimulant--ah, those pill-popping 1960s!

One wonders just how much chloroform (or whatever) Willie has forced on Maggie.

Barn decides that his only option is to go to Collinwood and tell the family about Carolyn's death--and the circumstances--even though this will mean revealing everything, as in EVERYTHING, and accept the consequences. Julia tries to dissuade him, but he tells her, My mind is made up. I will do all I can to exonerate you because of everything you’ve done for me, he says gratefully. I don’t want you to suffer the consequences with me, he tells her.

When Barnabas gets to Collinwood, he stops at the front door. Thinking of what is to come, he quails for a moment, but then gathers his resolve and knocks firmly on the door. All his dread is swept away by shock as the door is slowly opened--by Carolyn....

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 01:14:28 AM »
Barnabas and Julia sit around causally discussing Adam who has run off to kill everyone. No attempt is made to warn or save anyone. Barnabas finally goes to tell them Carolyn is dead and she is alive!   Meanwhile in Maggie's domain where they actually have a separate though somewhat related storyline going, she fails to fall for the medallion and it's charms a second time.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
Maggie looks really pretty for someone who's been locked up in the musty mausoleum for days.
I liked seeing Dr. Hoffman appear as Maggie opened the secret door. She looked so sinister.
The medallion scene gave me deja view--as it did Maggie.
I was surprised to see Nancy Barret at the end of this episode. I thought to myself she had an easy day at work that day with no lines. All she had to do was open the door.