Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0587  (Read 722 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0587
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
Robservations #587

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0587

Offline Ronny G

• Junior Poster
  • Barnabas Bites Best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »
Willie holding Maggie hostage reminded me of the black and white episodes when Barnabas first kidnapped her.
They have good chemistry together.
My favorite scene is Nicholas hypnotizing(?) Willie.
No scenes inside the Collinwood mansion!
What was up with the dream? Was Maggie recalling the time Barnabas tried to make her Josette?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
What was up with the dream? Was Maggie recalling the time Barnabas tried to make her Josette?

Yes.   

Willie holding Maggie hostage reminded me of the black and white episodes when Barnabas first kidnapped her.

You're not the only one!   It reminds Maggie too!

***  We're told Adam is six months old now.   I was relieved to hear a sensible conversation between Barnabas and Adam, where real information is exchanged, listened to, and dealt with.  Adam learns that Lang intended a bodyswap.   They should hang around grocery stores to catch Willie....   

Willie stays in character, no matter how bad the writing of an ep seems to be... did J Karlen wing it and rewrite lines for himself on the spot?

They use every excuse to force in the Josette theme, don't they?  At least here it makes sense, as Maggie slowly remembers the bad old days.   Good dream!   Barn in 1967 suit I think...   All this must have been very cool and an eye opener to viewers who never saw 1967...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Adam finally learns the complete history of how he came to exist--except for one thing. His keen intelligence brings him to the natural conclusion: How could you hate yourself so much that you wanted to change your body? There’s no need to go into that now, Barnabas answers dismissively, it’s past history. You didn’t die, Adam observes. Because Julia didn’t do the experiment as originally planned, Barnabas answers. Does she know what she did? is Adam’s next question. Yes, answers Barnabas, and asks Adam to wait till they find Maggie Evans. But Adam insists that Carolyn will provide the life force: I remember a day when you controlled both Willie and me, he comments. We did anything you wanted. We will use Carolyn. Maggie Evans can stay wherever she is.

I love the scenes with Maggie and Willie. And yes, they reshot all the scenes of her captivity so that they're now in color. Her dress, which we see in the last scene, peeps out from under the collar of her robe.

Adam gives Nicholas an argument when Nicholas insists on talking to Carolyn alone. Nicholas says, It would be better if you weren’t there. You’d be too emotional--anyone in your position would be. Adam grabs Nicholas’s arm, and Nicholas coldly orders him to let go. We don’t find out what might happen next because they hear someone coming--it’s Willie. Nicholas tells Adam to hide, explaining, I have a way with people, Adam. Then he demonstrates his power by putting the eye on Willie. It’s all right to let Maggie go, he tells Willie. She’s no longer in any danger. Hey, you know just about everything, doncha? Willie asks foggily. I’m much too modest to admit that, Nicholas tells him without a shred of modesty. Willie goes off to obey Nicholas’s order; Nicholas looks pleased.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 04:29:25 AM »
Willie leaves the door open giving Maggie a chance to try and escape. I really see a lot of resemblance to this version of Willie and the one in the remake series.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times