Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0526  (Read 726 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0526
« on: August 21, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
Robservations #526

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0526

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
We hear a scream, and then Cassandra appears, still tied to the tree and still wearing the awful butterfly-print lounging robe she was wearing when the ghost of Trask exorcised her--too bad he couldn't have exorcised that. She’s glad to be restored, but has to remind the self-absorbed Nicholas to untie her.  [ghost_grin] He accuses her of allowing her EMOTIONS to get in the way of her plan, so she swears to focus on revenge from now on. She admits she needs help with rebooting the dream curse (argh), so Nicholas promises to help her--"for the sake of our bargain." Evidently they have some shared past.

When Cassangelique returns to Collinwood, she explains to the confused Roger that she went to Philadelphia--evidently the writers though Philadelpha = hell??

I suppose it's a good thing that Jeff knows the Collinses keep late hours (it's almost 2:00 a.m.), but Vicki is missing. He finds her wandering in the woods, clutching a gray button.

Nicholas returns to Collinwood, and he and Cassangelique stage a noisy reunion for Roger's sake. Nicholas repeats the Philadelphia story. Cassandra offers to help Vicki upstairs, but Vicki recoils from her touch--a reaction that Nicholas does not miss and that he reprimands Cassange for causing.

Once the lovers are upstairs in Vicki's bedroom, they don’t take advantage of their solitude and Vicki’s nice, comfy bed. Instead, Vicki tells Jeff about her fear of Cassandra. Jeff reassures her, but does he then seduce her with sweet nothings or even just nibble playfully on her ear? Well, anywhere but Collinwood that might happen. Instead he's bursting to tell her about his dream about being Peter Bradford and finding Nathan Forbes. I shot him again and again, Peter remembers. [But he shot him only once. Sometimes it's hard to recall details of dreams. And in any case, revolvers wouldn’t be invented for several more decades.] But Nathan only laughed and said I couldn't kill him because he was already dead (how original!). Jeff is now convinced he's really Peter Bradford, but Vicki is the skeptical one this time. Again she suggests visiting Professor Stokes, who can hypnotize Jeff and help him look back into his past. This time, Jeff is glad to go.

Nicholas arrives, ostensibly to offer assistance. Vicki politely declines--but not before Jeff notices that the bottom button on Nicholas's suit jacket is missing....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »
Cass re-enters life screaming, as she left it-- nice touch.   What is their big "bargain"?   That was some look on Vicki's face, seeing Cass reappear.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
Moltke is still rockin' my OVO world.

So, Ange returns and so does the butterfly dress. Interesting to see Ange/Cass act subservient to anyone. This is the first time we have a villainous supernatural duo at Collinwood, right? Well, it does appear that Ange/Cass snaps into her outfits just like Samantha Stevens cousin Serena. Who the hell has a purple bathrobe? Oh, Roger Collins, that's who. Oh, and who drinks champagne at 2:30 in the morning? Oh, Roger Collins, that's who. Vicki is all out there with her fears - nice. And she tells Jeff. It kinda makes more sense for Vicki and Jeff to fight Ange & Nick than Barnabas & Julia. Peter, I mean Jeff, no, I mean Peter, no, wait, Jeff, no, Peter...tells Vicki he's remembers being Peter Bradford. Vicki feels that Jeff's, Peter's, Jeff's, Peter's, Jeff's, Peter's, Jeff's revelation isn't proof enough because it happened in a dream, possibly influenced by Vicki's previous ramblings about the Bradford connection. So, Stokes is the answer in Vicki's estimation. Why would hypnotism be any less suggestive of a definitive answer than a dream? I guess we can't blame Vicki for not knowing that. Nice turn of events, Blair showing up with a button missing that Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff has in his pocket, earlier pried from a sleepwalking Vicki's hand. I wonder what happens next? Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff is the type to confront Nicholas right then and there, but will he?

Vicki sleepwalks in shoes and full makeup. Does this make her a diva? I knew I liked that gurl. Oh, while watching the closing credits I realized that I've been writing HHA instead of HAA. Must subconsciously be thinking of Hubert Humphrey when consciously thinking of Humbert. BTW, the closing credits are perfectly done. They were a little bit off there for a few episodes.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
I forgot to mention that IMO it is ludicrous for NB to come to see Vicki. I understand why it was written but it's still stupid. Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff could have run into NB on his way out or something to notice the missing button. Oh, wait, NB want's to "take care" of Vicki's suspicious nature regarding Cass/Ange and most likely himself - and soon, so I guess under those circumstances it was purposeful. Though he still could have waited for Jeff, Peter, Jeff, Peter, Jeff to leave. He can't do much to her with him in the room. Still a great episode climax.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
The opening was full of glitches.  Angelique knows Nicholas and he declares her whole problem is she is weak for love of Barnabas. They later have a scene in front of a too tall and out of scale picture of the great house. Jeff decides he is Peter
After she ran around for weeks saying Jeff is Peter, Vickie decides no he is not Peter.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times