Author Topic: machen in sleeveless  (Read 2927 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: machen in sleeveless
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 04:54:49 AM »
jen, cassandra's greens might have been "pukey" but they were as freshly minted as a penny.but at this point in the show it's annoying to see vicki in dresses worn when bill malloy was alive! i guess she was supposed to be a low-paid governess with limited wardrobe funds.but since belief was suspended on every other level,and a major store supplied the cloths, i wish they could have given the dear girl a fresh look once in awhile. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 02:05:38 AM »
jen, cassandra's greens might have been "pukey" but they were as freshly minted as a penny.but at this point in the show it's annoying to see vicki in dresses worn when bill malloy was alive! i guess she was supposed to be a low-paid governess with limited wardrobe funds.but since belief was suspended on every other level,and a major store supplied the cloths, i wish they could have given the dear girl a fresh look once in awhile. ::)

haha so true guess the ? is why?

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 12:02:32 AM »
it's annoying to see vicki in dresses worn when bill malloy was alive! i guess she was supposed to be a low-paid governess with limited wardrobe funds.but since belief was suspended on every other level,and a major store supplied the cloths, i wish they could have given the dear girl a fresh look once in awhile. ::)

She never really did get the wardrobe make-over like the rest of the cast.  For example, once Joe Haskel got some new clothes and what a treat it was.  I got very tired of that Buffalo(?) Paid shirt jacket he always wore. I suppose the budget for clothing was ultimately approved by Dan Curtis.  He didn't seem to spare the expense for Liz and Roger which is understandable.  I really liked most of the clothes that Julia wore.  Her clothing looked reserved but expensive.  My problem with Lara Parker's clothes is that she never really developed a personal style (IMO) that suited her.  It was almost as if you could look in her closet and not find one thing that would go with anything else and what was in there couldn't even be accessorized.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 12:30:58 AM »
you're right about julia's cloths.although everyone makes fun of "the green suit" her cloths do look expensive and chic.i love that she still wore gloves in the late 1960's, a time when the "hippie look" was tossing such ladylike conventions out.and with her short hairdo julia looked "smart".so far i like cassandra's cloths.green suits her with that black hair.and after i ranted the other night i was rewarded with a new look for vicki! she appears in a long sleeved black dress.i was delighted. :P

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2004, 02:42:50 AM »
you're right about julia's cloths.although everyone makes fun of "the green suit" her cloths do look expensive and chic.i love that she still wore gloves in the late 1960's, a time when the "hippie look" was tossing such ladylike conventions out.and with her short hairdo julia looked "smart".

LOL...Well, Julia is one of the grandest ladies on that show.  :)  Overall, I agree, I like Julia's style...although there were moments when I think some of her outfits coulda been a little more flattering (including that robe (sorry)) ;) But I'm sure a few people out there could explain it a bit better than I.  ;)  :-*

Well, I tried to give my Julia doll some nice threads (in reference to the following pic - chuckle). I love arts and crafts... :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 12:47:45 AM »
heather, i love the doll! but somehow,i felt strangely sedated while viewing it. :P

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2004, 04:20:27 AM »
heather, i love the doll! but somehow,i felt strangely sedated while viewing it. :P

LOL!  Intriguing critique, mscbryk. Was it the huge hypo that did it? Or was it her medallion, or the dress or... ;D
You can't see it in the picture, but she's also got some spiked heels on too--Julia's ready to go out on the town. :o  ;)  LOL

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 05:21:21 AM »
...90+ degrees, 80% humidity, in wool! uhh the sufffering but then you know right Connie. . Grayson :-* came up to you at a taping complaining about how hot and sweaty she was since they turned off the AC for 'ghostly' smoke.

LOL.  "FEEL me!  FEEL me!"  (oh....the melodrama)   :o

Actually I believe it was a problem with the cobwebs blowing around that necessitated the AC shut off.

Ah, the memories.

Signed,
Over-the-hill   8)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>