Author Topic: DS run on SciFi to end Dec. 30  (Read 7507 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
Can this be true??
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2003, 07:36:44 PM »
After months of speculation, ShadowGram reports that Sci-Fi Channel USA will not continue broadcasting Dark Shadows in 2004. Dan Curtis Productions comments:

"Sci-Fi is pursuing different and newer programming opportunities and will not be reconsidering its decision... Sci-Fi no longer schedules older shows. Dark Shadows has been fortunate to be a part of the network for as long as it has."

However, fans are assured that: "Discussions are underway to hopefully find a new TV home for Dark Shadows re-runs." Speaking to this site in August, Dan Curtis Productions representative Jim Pierson cited cable channel Soapnet as a possible alternative broadcaster for the show.

Sci-Fi broadcasts will continue on weekdays until the end of 2003, with pre-emptions planned on November 11, 27 and 28, along with December 25, 26. The last transmission will be on December 30, ending roughly a month before the show's final episode.
With thanks to ShadowGram

PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:DS run on SciFi to end Dec. 30
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2003, 08:00:30 PM »
No need to apologize, DFAN4EVER.

As you can see by the previous post (MB's, on page 3), only 18 eps will be left unaired.

Offline picard

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2003, 06:30:12 PM »
It is not that only dark shadows will be booted off the network, but the same goes for all the old shows on the network, like star trek, the outer limits and the twilight zone.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2003, 08:44:37 PM »
the same goes for all the old shows on the network, like star trek, the outer limits and the twilight zone.

Interesting - I hadn't heard that.

I suppose it's out with the old and in with the new on Sci-Fi next year. But that's really not a surprise because they've been emphasizing their "new" and "origiinal" programming for sometime now...

And BTW, welcome to the forum, picard.  :)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2003, 01:50:28 AM »
They are also taking off Star Trek and Twilight Zone? Well that really does it for me. Sci-Fi can kiss my _  before I'll watch their stupid channel again! It's kind of hard to put an angry face here from the Smiley's collection since they are all practically grinning (and even the one named 'angry' seems mild)! Do we not provide an emoticon for an occasional outburst and rant on this board? Of course, I have my 200th post today which in itself is cause for a grinning Smiley emoticon!;D
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2003, 02:13:20 AM »
They are also taking off Star Trek and Twilight Zone? Well that really does it for me. Sci-Fi can kiss my _  before I'll watch their stupid channel again!

Umm. Don't quote me on this, but, unless it's a very bizarre coincidence, I think David Selby's new film project, Larva, may be for Sci-Fi Channel. The press releases that they have circulated about next season's original movies list a film with this title. Perhaps it's not the same one . . .

BTW . . . There is an emoticon to suit your purposes:

[a144]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2003, 02:18:42 AM »
Do we not provide an emoticon for an occasional outburst and rant on this board?

Sure. Here are quite a few:

[angryf]                 [angrg]        [kaiokn]      [pissd]              [eviltongue]        [furious3]
[frkoff]      [5323]      [madan]      [82b5]      [5363]      [furious]

Click on "Get More" under the original 18 smileys...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2003, 02:58:10 AM »
Do we not provide an emoticon for an occasional outburst and rant on this board?

And even better, just surround your text with this
Code: [Select]
[rant]text[/rant]
and the posted rant will look like this--

[rant]text[/rant]

Offline picard

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2003, 03:38:34 AM »
i am not really sure if the twilight zone will be on or not in 2004 past the usual new years marathon, probably  as an unrespectable time filler and i am pretty sure that star trek showings will be rarer than they have become in my area at airing at nightime at 2 in the morning and 2 times in sunday morning, i am a star trek fan too. i tell you once they do take star trek off the sci-fi channel i probably not watch that channel anymore because that and dark shadows and ramdom showings of star trek movies and godzilla movies have become my only reason to watch that channel.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2003, 05:43:57 PM »
It is not that only dark shadows will be booted off the network, but the same goes for all the old shows on the network, like star trek, the outer limits and the twilight zone.

Well, the January schedule has been posted, and those 3 shows will air quite a bit in January.  I'm not much of a SciFi viewer so I'm no expert on the subject, but it looks like the same ol' SF fare to me except that Earth: Final Conflict is in DS' timeslot.

Offline Valerie Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2003, 03:54:59 AM »
This is my first time watching "Dark Shadows."  I have been watching DS since the first episode that aired back on May 17, 2001, on the Sci Fi channel.

Welcome to Valerie Collins!  It's great to meet n*e*w fans of the show and I hope you'll continue to visit and post. [hello]

Thank you Midnite!   :)