Author Topic: Shadows of the Tommorrow People  (Read 1140 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Shadows of the Tommorrow People
« on: June 04, 2002, 10:01:07 PM »
Hi guys! ;D..Does anyone remember the old TV show" The Tommorrow People"? It was somewhat supernatural.....But back to my question....does anyone remember the theme song for the show?...I think it would have fit well on Dark Shadows.What do you guys think?

P.S...there was two series of the show...I am referring to the older version.

-Adra ;D
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows of the Tommorrow People
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 10:16:23 PM »
Hi guys! ;D..Does anyone remember the old TV show" The Tommorrow People"? It was somewhat supernatural.....But back to my question....does anyone remember the theme song for the show?...I think it would have fit well on Dark Shadows.What do you guys think?

-Adra ;D

I vaguely remember my daughter watching a show on Sunday mornings that I thought was called The Tomorrow People. It was an Australian show where these kids were able to travel through time via this swirling portal.

Is this the show you were referring to?

Carol
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 04:35:03 AM »

Whoa, you mean the one I was watching was a remake, eh?  Solid show (judging by my generation's series, of course)
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

The Late Mrs. Collins

The Tomorrow People
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 06:55:02 AM »
UK series from 1973 remade in 1992.
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~drednort/thelab.html

The remake aired in the U.S. on Nickelodeon.

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2002, 07:25:29 AM »
Yeah!...There was two different runs of the series.The older one(the one i was referring to) ran in the 70s.The newer version aired on Nickelodeon in the early 90s.It was a really cool show in my opinion. ;D they should start playing reruns on sci-fi.-Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2002, 08:30:39 AM »
Yeah!...There was two different runs of the series.The older one(the one i was referring to) ran in the 70s.The newer version aired on Nickelodeon in the early 90s.It was a really cool show in my opinion. ;D they should start playing reruns on sci-fi.-Adra

Funny story. Nickelodeon actually ran the 1970s series into the early 1980s. I've seen all the episodes . . . Jedekiah, the whole nine yards.

When our local ABC affiliate began rerunning Dark Shadows in the same time slot after school in the early 80s, my mother went on and on and on about how wonderful this show was and that we should watch it. I couldn't sit still for 5 minutes of black and white television and opted to watch the Tomorrow People. Wouldn't even look at DS until they got to color episodes. About time I switched to watching DS (they may have quit showing Tomorrow People or something), they showed the last ep the station had . . . Roger Davis' arm in a box.

During that time, we found Mom's old DS album and saw the Selby zombie shot and the poster photo, and I wanted to see Quentin. Forget about old Mr. Pointy Bangs. So we kept pestering my mother about when the Q-man would be on. Never got to see him until the 1990s when we found DS on Sci-Fi.

And everyone thought the months of his not speaking were a long wait in the 1960s. I had to wait 10 years to see Quentin. Oh the wasted years!!!  :D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2002, 11:16:41 PM »

I saw the remake in the early 90's and was very impressed with it. I didn't find out until much later that it was a remake. Nor did I realize that Nickelodean had run the original until just now! I was under the impression that the original series was shown only in the U.K.