Author Topic: Carl / contains spoilers  (Read 3106 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Carl / contains spoilers
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »
Of course, BC wasn't given much time to be remorseful.   The amount of time Frid had to memorize his lines, that's just about how much time BC was given for things such as remorse.   And we don't know what he thought about, privately.

Not all characters have to be "good" to be valuable, of course.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 12:21:42 PM »
Not all characters have to be "good" to be valuable, of course.

Oh, absolutely......"good" characters can be soooooooo boring, can't they?  [lghy]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 01:49:48 AM »
I never did like it when Barnabus adiosed Carl. I cried the first time I saw it. He could've made Carl forget, like he did with Nora when she accidently saw him about to biteĀ  Charity. But I guess it's easier for him to make a little girl forget than it is  to make a grown man forget.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline TheShroud

• Yours in Mystery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 09:46:46 PM »
Carl Collins murder was probably one of the most shocking things in the 1897 flashback.  That Barnabas murdered one of his own relatives without even any concern if Carl was important to history is amazing.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 09:53:26 AM »
And then Quentin says, "Well, I guess you had to..."   Oh, well.   Shrug.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10:12 PM »
As much as I love Barnabas (and I must confess Carl was never particularly a favorite of mine) I don't like what he did to Carl. [spoiler]Why not just bite Carl and put him under his power and have Carl recant everything he said to Trask?

Maybe that's why Quentin didn't want to shoot Carl either. Maybe he was hoping Barnabas would enslave Carl rather than kill him.....he should have suggested Barnabas do that instead of aiding and abetting the murder of his brother.[/spoiler]