Author Topic: The May 20th Episodes - Classic Blooper Expertly Covered  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The May 20th Episodes - Classic Blooper Expertly Covered
« on: May 21, 2006, 12:41:11 AM »
I've often mentioned that I think one of the best recoveries from a blooper occurs in Ep #1018 when Frid as Barnabas mistakenly asks KLS as PT Maggie if Quentin was really in love with Josette (rather than Angelique):

and without losing a beat, but with just the furrow of her brow, KLS says, "Josette? I think he was in love with Angelique." And the scene progresses from there as if the slip-up had never happened.

If only every blooper could have been covered so well.  [lghy]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: The May 20th Episodes - Classic Blooper Expertly Covered
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 05:48:47 PM »
i just saw that episode very recently and it's true that kls handled it like a champ.

i actually didn't even notice the flub during my first viewing.it was only after watching it a second time i picked it up.it was sort of an odd flub on frid's part because josette wasn't even part of the parallel-time storyline.
perhaps just working with kls brought josette to mind.

was josette ever mentioned during parallel-time?i forget.parallel-time maggie was the only kls character barnabas didn't persue romantically.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:37:04 PM »
it was sort of an odd flub on frid's part because josette wasn't even part of the parallel-time storyline.
perhaps just working with kls brought josette to mind.

was josette ever mentioned during parallel-time?i forget.

Yes, Josette was mentioned in the week before #1018 aired/taped:
Re: Robservations 7/8/03 - #1010-1011 - Interview With a Vampire--Finis!

... Will, alone with Barnabas in the secret shelf room, looks over a notebook. We were last talking of Josette duPres, he reminds Barnabas. I do not wish to speak of her, says the vampire. Angrily, Will says, I need to know about her--the book is nothing about her. ...

parallel-time maggie was the only kls character barnabas didn't persue romantically.

And yet, he almost bit her (in the same #1018), presumedly because she reminded him of Josette.  Perhaps it was because he had recently discussed vampirizing (is that a word?) his former fiancee with Will, because I can't think of any other reason for his sudden decision to attack PT Maggie.

Offline I Ching

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:19:45 PM »
In the same episode, someone (most likely Quentin from the garish yellow shirt he/she was wearing) can be seen passing by the outside of the drawing room window as Maggie (?) is looking outside.  Quentin was wearing the same shirt in the previous scene at the hospital and later when be returned home.
Hexagram # 51 - Chen (symbolizes the decisive moment when change is recognized)