Author Topic: Greystone mansion from the '91 show has a cameo in the new Muppets movie!  (Read 863 times)

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
From Muppetwikia.com

In the 2011 movie, The Muppets, Kermit the Frog looks after a mansion in Beverly Hills, California. Miss Piggy had it built in the hopes that they would live together and raise a family. According to The Muppets: The Movie Junior Novel, Kermit actually lives in a nearby pond, and just comes by once a week to check the mail and clean the pool filters.

A private residence in Encino, California served as the exterior of Kermit's mansion. For the interiors, the filmmakers used Greystone Mansion of Beverly Hills, built in 1928 as a gift from oil magnate Edward L. Doheny to his son's family (and later sold to the city of Beverly Hills in 1965).

I tried to find pictures but couldn't.  There's a scene where some of the characters find Kermit a the house and convince him to get the gang back together again.  Kermit sings to paintings of his friends down a hallway of wood-paneled walls and black and white tile floor that I KNOW was used in the show.  I thought it was pretty cool.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: Greystone mansion from the '91 show has a cameo in the new Muppets movie!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
Speaking of Greystone used in filming, ME-TV just added Mission Impossible and the other night I saw the first episode where Greystone was used extensively. (They were attempting to fool a terrorist into spilling where he had placed toxins by making him think he was in prison - they actually built a hangmans gallow in the Greystone courtyard.) A second episode used Greystone as sort of a graveyard.) Mannix also used Greystone a couple times and I'm sure many other shows as well.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
How interesting. I recorded that Mission: Impossble ep the other night because it was pilot and I don't think I've ever seen it (or any eps with Steven Hill). And I haven't watched it yet. But now I have even a greater incentive to watch.  [santa_wink]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »
Sorry MB - the pilot was terrific (no wonder the series got picked up), but Greystone wasn't in the pilot. The episode was Operation Rogash. However, Greystone was used again in Season 1 in episode The Legacy. When I said first episode , I mean't the first with Greystone. Sorry about the confusion.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
Ah - OK. And I'm glad you told me before I got a chance to watch the ep because now I won't be disappointed when there's no Greystone in it.  [santa_smiley]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
Well, the 2nd Greystone Mission Impossible episode The Legacy will air late night Friday (Sat morn at 2am) on Dec 17.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »
Thanks! I'll be sure to record it.  [santa_smiley]