Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0334  (Read 850 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0334
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0334
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »
I really like these shows, we get to see Barn being really bas.  David is telling the truth but no one will believe him. But then the flute is discovered.  I am trying to remember who or why the secret room won't open.  Is Barnabas in there peventing the door form being opened. Or is it Sarah.  ^-^

They are really trying to believe David and help him out. I wonder if it is like the little boy that cried wolf.  I am very upset with Roger today going back to  his old self and making little of what David said.

Again Roger wants to believe Barnabas and not David, his own son. In some ways I think it can be the same way with Vickie. Why do people believe older people before they believe kids? ???
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:20:41 PM »
In response to Lori's question.....some kids really do have big imaginiations. I agree it's not fair that Roger and Vicki won't give David the benefit of the doubt but everything David has been saying about Barnabas, while we know it's true, he doesn't have anything solid to back it up. So far two things that David insist that are true have been proven false (or actually I should say SUPPOSEDLY proven false)....the coffin in the basement (to which Barnabas removed at a remarkable amount of speed and strength) and the secret room (I personally believe that Barnabas sealed it up).

However, Barnabas hadn't counted Dr. Woodard finding his sister's flute in the mausoleum....I think Sarah deliberately left it there, so someone would start to give David a little more credience. And that someone is Dr. Woodard.

This is Robert Gerringer's last episode by the way. Sigh.

Great episode.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »
Good episode.  Silly plotline, but good episode.  Roger was, of course, wonderful, though I thought he was memorably cold when he turned his back on David.

I'd like to know just how Barnabas worked the trick in the mausoleum.  The answer that springs to my mind is Duco's Cement, and I like to imagine Barnabas getting it all over his fingers and swearing up a storm, but I don't think that's correct.

Why did Sarah leave the instrument (which looks like a recorder to me, not a flute) in the mausoleum?  She told David not to tell anybody about the secret room.  She bawled David out for going to the Old House after he told her not to, and then when he started to tell about the secret room, she did her window-and-music thing.  But then she left her instrument on the coffin.  Very strange.

The last Robert Gerringer episode?  Alas, alack.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 10:56:50 AM »
I, too, am quite dismayed that this was Robert Gerringer's last episode.  The next episode - which airs the very next day -  has Peter Turgeon playing the role.  Although PT was good in his own way, RG was my favorite Dr. Woodard. [winkg]

I loved the scene when Sarah made the window fly open and angrily played her flute!  Kudos to David for telling Burke and Dr. Woodard about the Secret Room, even though he knew Sarah wouldn't like it! [cheer]  Another kudo goes to Dr. Woodard for going back to the mausoleum -  and finding Sarah! [thumb]

I also think it was Barnabas who sealed the Secret Room - and I'm glad that Sarah made herself known there.  It's getting really exciting now! [shkdg]

Great episode! [bigok]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »
I, too, am quite dismayed that this was Robert Gerringer's last episode.  The next episode - which airs the very next day -  has Peter Turgeon playing the role.

Interestingly, though, in the real world almost two weeks had passed between episode tapings because this episode had been taped on 9/22/67, but because of the NABET (National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians) strike, taping had been shut down and the next episode wasn't taped until 10/3/67 - only 3 days before it aired - and with executives doing the technical work because the technical people were still on strike.