Author Topic: David's Dream Blooper?  (Read 717 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
David's Dream Blooper?
« on: September 03, 2003, 08:58:31 PM »
Did any one catch the blooper during David's dream? In the dream David was watching from the stairs when Flora Collins comes rushing in yelling that she must see them, she is caught by Quentin who tells her there was nothing she could do and they go into the drawing room and close the door. After a scream Quentin calls her Elizabeth and attemps to soother her. David walks in after they leave and sees Tad and Carrie layed out dead.

The woman was not Elizabeth as both she and Quentin were in 1840 period costumes.

Was this a true blooper or the writer's version of David's imagination?

LdyAnne ???

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:David's Dream Blooper?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 09:37:14 PM »
Yes, I saw and heard this. It confused me, and I'd wondered the same thing. It was either a blooper or the writers hadn't established the Flora Character on paper yet and had him call her Elizabeth. Which begs the question:

Does anyone have any idea how far in advance storyline concepts were drawn up and how far in advance to airing were scripts written? I would imagine the writers used general storyline concept to follow as a guide. Though as we've often seen, nothing is written in stone on DS. So much happened to force a change in plot direction; ratings, actors' sudden departures for other roles, vacations, tantrums, what have you...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:David's Dream Blooper?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 02:55:59 PM »
It seems to me, having watched these shows a couple of times, that the writers must have had an emergency session just before the switch to 1840.  The story that is played out in the 1840 sequence is very different from the hints and foreshadowings and clues that are given during the Summer of 1970 sequence.

One reason why they obviously had to change what was planned is that several scenes in 1840 were meant to take place on Quentin and Gerard's cosy little schooner, the Jolly Danielle Roget.  Yo ho HO! (and a bottle o' brandy)  We need to do a slash story, Pirates of 1840, with Johnny Depp as Quentin and Orlando Bloom as Gerard.

G.