Author Topic: SHARING THE SHADOWS  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: SHARING THE SHADOWS
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2002, 12:37:49 AM »
Dear Blue Whale Barfly,

A slight correction, Bob Rooney is, unfortunately, a masochistic Mets fan.  (It's too darned easy to be a Yankee fan.  It's like rooting for General Motors over Yugo Motors of the former Yugoslavia!)

However, I would like to be the long lost son of a regrettable "rendezvous" (as America's dad, Bill Cosby, once described one of his own trysts as) between the beloved Mr. Rooney and the soon-to-be chronicled Donna Fridlander.  (A spunky lady who just won't take no for an answer!. )

Bob the Bartender, who stills tears up when he watches Judith Ivey and Steve Martin in "The Lonely Guy."

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2002, 01:54:04 AM »
Dear Blue Whale Barfly,

A slight correction, Bob Rooney is, unfortunately, a masochistic Mets fan.  

Oops sorry Bob.  My heart goes out to you.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2002, 02:00:16 AM »
I always wanted to inject myself into the 1840 story line and warn "Valerie" that Gerard is posessed by the ghost of Judah Zachary. With just a little bit of a "heads up" she could have taken him out in a heartbeat.

I would travel back through time and introduce myself to Angelique as a friend of hers from the 20th century, explaining that we had met in the future, and that she will still be around in 1970. I could easily convince her that I know her quite well with my knowledge of her history. Hopefully she'd take a liking to me and cast a few spells for me. ;D