Author Topic: Don't I Get a Room in this Fleabag Historical Home?  (Read 3071 times)

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Don't I Get a Room in this Fleabag Historical Home?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2002, 12:58:42 PM »
Barnabas did have his own room in 1795.  That's one of the things I liked about that time period, we got to see just about everyone's upstairs bedrooms. All the bedrooms were decorated so nicely too. We even got to see the servants rooms, (Vicky & Angelique)  I guess D.C. really splurged during that sequence, then figured he'd better make up for it by cutting down on everything during the present time period.

DC not only cut on space but also people...The number of characters per episode decreases. As an adult watching, you sometimes wonder where these individuals go for such long periods of time. ::) Perhaps, they got lost in the West wing or fell into parallel time...One individual in 1795, who just disappeared was Andre duPres. Great topic for another post...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2002, 01:01:38 AM »

DC not only cut on space but also people...The number of characters per episode decreases. As an adult watching, you sometimes wonder where these individuals go for such long periods of time. ::) Perhaps, they got lost in the West wing or fell into parallel time...One individual in 1795, who just disappeared was Andre duPres. Great topic for another post...

Supposidly he went to New York on business, but you'd think he'd come back for Josette's funeral *shrug* And to pick up Natalie.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2002, 11:54:23 AM »
Supposidly he went to New York on business, but you'd think he'd come back for Josette's funeral *shrug* And to pick up Natalie.

I always wondered about that one. It just didn't fit right, I mean it was his own daughter for goodness sakes! With all his wealth Im sure he could have afforded a quick carriage trip back to Collinwood to at least attend her funeral.[hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2002, 06:17:49 PM »
And with as often as Julia seems to be there, you'd certainly think there would be a room somewhere where she could lie down properly!!

I know it wouldn't seem proper for Julia to have her 'own' room but they could've alluded to the Front Guest Room such as when La Liz showed up after following Julia to one of her quickie rendevous with Tom. . .Barnabas clearly told Willie (?) to take Mrs. Stoddard upstairs to the Front Guest Room since Julia was hanging out in Josette's room. ..

Oh well . . in all our imaginations she had a decent place to sleep somewhere. .be it a guest room or a gurney in the basement. . .
Julia99

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2002, 08:20:18 PM »
HI, Julia99 those chairs look like they are out the
Called " All In The Family"  Archie always had to
sit in that chair of his!!! But i do think that Julia
deserves better.         Love Anne 8) :o ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2002, 05:21:41 AM »
My thoughts were that they were both planning to just nap awhile rather than sleep for very long so they went downstairs.  But, if Julia had to sleep upright, I think it would make more sense for her to sleep in a chair in Josette's room to be near her patient. (Of course that would have made it more difficult for Harry to slip the poison into the medication I suppose.)  

What I can't understand is how Julia is still a guest at Collinwood after more than a year - or is she paying rent by this time? Either way, wouldn't someone outside of the Old House start to question why she's still hanging around?
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2002, 09:04:04 AM »
;DI am so glad I didn't live in the 1800's I would hate to sleep sitting up all night in a hard chair. I would rather have my hair looking like Don King. I am laughing so hard reading this thread that I am so keyed up I won't be able to sleep anywhere for a long time. Why don't we all tomorrow night sleep sitting up in a hard chair? Hey, if people did it every night years ago for years on end we can all do it for one night. ;D Paul
Paul

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2002, 03:02:32 AM »
Why don't we all tomorrow night sleep sitting up in a hard chair? Hey, if people did it every night years ago for years on end we can all do it for one night. ;D Paul

LOL...Paul you've got to be much younger than me because that sounds hideous even as an experimental thing! Actually, last night I woke up around 12:30 and didn't go back to sleep the rest of the night.  Not even the remainder of my DS recordings from last week or the soothing sounds of Robert Cobert could lull me back to sleep.  I may not have been sitting in a chair but right now I think I know how it feels.  :-[
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 03:42:27 AM »
I am sorry you didn't sleep well Castlebee but look on the bright  side you might have slept even less in a chair. Any body else willing to try the experiment?  It is only for one night. :DPaul
Paul

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2002, 04:25:50 AM »
Any body else willing to try the experiment?  It is only for one night.

Sure, I'll go for it.  I'd feel better if there was at least a small group of people involved, and then we could all post about how the night went.  Which night, Paul?  

ProfStokes

Offline Paul

• Junior Poster
  • I Love Bathia Mapes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2002, 05:43:52 AM »
Tomorrow night.Paul
Paul

Connie

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 05:51:06 AM »
Eh....yer all nuts.  [silly]

You're really going to try sleeping sitting up in a chair?
(I'd suggest a sedative before you start).
Actually, it's not that difficult.  Anyone who's spent years breastfeeding babies on and off throughout the night learns how to sleep sitting up.
(Only problem now is, I can't sleep lying flat).  LOL

[roll3]  [spin]  [rollr]
-CLC

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 08:03:34 AM »
Gotta agree with Connie about sitting up with babies.  That may have ended nearly 16 yrs ago but the talent for falling asleep anywhere, anytime is still alive.  That is a challenge I could actually excel at...

I thought for certain we saw a room during the series that Julia uses at the OH.  I may be delusional   :-X(quiet J99) but I have a strong visual in my mind.  Bette has every J episode on tape....ask her.
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2002, 03:55:52 AM »
I thought for certain we saw a room during the series that Julia uses at the OH.  I may be delusional  :-X(quiet J99) but I have a strong visual in my mind.  Bette has every J episode on tape....ask her.

I don't recall ever seeing Julia sack out in any bedroom in the OH except for Josette's room after her liaison with hunky Tom.  Maybe Barn made her sleep on the cot in the cellar.  :o

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2002, 04:52:56 AM »
 I may be delusional   :-X(quiet J99) but I have a strong visual in my mind.  Bette has every J episode on tape....ask her.

I know . . .!! oh I know!!!!
Julia99