Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0586  (Read 2385 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0586
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0586
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »
Julia's a trouper.  She is half strangled out in the woods, and manages to pull herself together and get back to Collinwood so that Carolyn can find her, see nothing wrong, and ask her to doctor Vicky.  Of course, the doctoring probably consisted of simply giving Vicky a sedative, but I'm still impressed.  I suppose it helps that Julia smokes, so that Carolyn wouldn't have thought any hoarseness in her voice was unusual.

On second thought, though - why am I so impressed?  For Julia, getting half-strangled is as ordinary an occurrence as sneezing.

I like the suggestion that it was Jeff who attacked Vicky.  It makes the Jeff-Vicky relationship much more interesting to me.  What a pity that it isn't true!

What are we supposed to be thinking about why Nicholas vetoed Maggie as the life force?  If I didn't know better, I'd say that she was the centerpiece of some particularly nefarious plan that he has yet to unveil.  I'm not seeing any trace of smittenness in his face.  I'm not faulting Humbert Allen Astredo here, however.  On the contrary, in fact.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52:04 PM »
I loved Hunbert Allen Astredo's performance! The myriad of emotions he displayed was excellent!  [ghost_cool]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »
i haven't seen this episode in a very long time but if i recall vicki actually has no dialogue in it.she simply lies in bed "unconscious" while others act around her.

now i always thought alexandra moltke underplayed nicely.her placid acting style a nice counterpoint to her more over the top costars.but around this time,and being perhaps this board's chief alexandra moltke aficionado,i started to notice that she turned in an even more "bland" performance.she phones it in.it seems obvious to me that something in her personal or professional life was off and i know this was around the time she wanted out of the show.

did anyone else notice this downturn in her performance here?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:13 PM »
Surprise, surprise....Adam is still acting like a big bully. Even Nicholas had trouble handling him today.  [ghost_azn]

I'm beginning to think Adam WANTS to believe everyone is trying screw him in terms of him getting a mate...that way it can justify him trying to kill innocent people.  [ghost_tongue]

Nicholas managed to sweet-talk Carolyn out of calling the police and believing Adam was the one who tried to kill Vicki. Too bad, because at this point, I think locking Adam up would be the healthiest thing for everyone at Collinwood. Then again, Adam did break out of jail once before...he could very easily do it again. [ghost_blink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
It isn't only you.  I also noticed AM wasn't quite herself in these ep's which is a shame.  I really have warmed up to the "old" Victoria (for a refresher.  I really had a hard time accepting AM as Victoria.  I was so smitten and loved Joanna Going.)  Anyhoo.  I thought Victoria was becoming more intriguing in these eps.  Contrary to what AM said.  Victoria wasn't all that dumb. She knew shiz was crizazy in dat house!! [ghost_nowink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »
I agree with Robin's statement that Barnabas should have broke down the door. It would have been much quicker. I found it rather silly of Barnabas and Carolyn to search for the key and then have trouble unlocking the door.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Once again, Nicholas was able to manipulate Adam and Carolyn. I loved watching Nicholas acting like Snidely Whiplash! [ghost_cheesy] I also loved it when Adam told Nicholas that Maggie was to be the life force, and Nicholas was horrified at the thought! Methinks he doth protest too much - I think he did have feelings for Maggie, and wouldn't admit it to Adam.  [ghost_wub]

I enjoyed watching Adam being so authoritative with Barnabas. Adam was so self-assured and forceful.  [ghost_smiley] It's too bad, though, that  Adam didn't realize just how dangerous the experiment was; if he did, he would never have suggested to Barnabas that they use Carolyn as the life force. [ghost_sad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 06:34:55 AM »
Did Barney possess SUPER STRENGTH??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 06:50:28 AM »
Did Barney possess SUPER STRENGTH??

Yes, in vampire form he sure did.  However, as human he may not have.  If Adam was alive and keeping him from his vampire self, then there is a debate.  Not many folks worked out in those days.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 08:05:38 AM »
Well Jon sure had a great body in those pics in BIG LOU!  I was astonished.  Looked like a GYM body actually.

On Sub: Could you point me to an EP where Barney's super strength was used? At the moment I am coming up blank.  I know in human form he was vulnerable and not superhuman at all. 

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 08:24:21 AM »
Just the fact that Willie put up with the near-throttlings was evidence I guess.   Willie was a younger guy and could at least hold his own otherwise.  I know his will was controlled, but not totally, or the throttlings wouldn't have happened in the first place.   Willie had some will and strength.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
There was the battle with Chris Jennings.  He was very strong even though he was in human form at the time.  He could overpower his victims, especially Willie.  He likes to teleport from room to room during several of the story lines.  He turns into a bat.  He can be vapor.

He is a good strangler.  That takes a great deal of strength.

I don't remember specific episodes but hopefully this helps.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 09:16:25 PM »
Another example of his superhuman strength is in #242:
[spoiler]To get into Woodard's office to steal Maggie's blood samples, Barnabas bent the bars on the window "like pipe cleaners."[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »
Another example of his superhuman strength is in #242:
[spoiler]To get into Woodard's office to steal Maggie's blood samples, Barnabas bent the bars on the window "like pipe cleaners."[/spoiler]

AWESOME MIDNITE!  See I haven't seen these eps. I started watching the original with 1795 and have seen everything from there on.  I just started buying the Collectors Series and am gonna buy all the DVD's (hopefully) from beginning to end.  I know he has the strength to control mind, and teleport.  I was wanting a specific time he did something strictly with SUPER STRENGTH and midnite cleared this up.  Thanks gal.!!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 03:01:42 AM »
Barnabas doesn't have super strength any more Adam does. I am thinking that Adam didn't really want to kill Victoria.

I like the way that Adam is there at the Old House waiting for Barnabas.

What does Adam think that Nicholas is doing when he is putting a spell on someone.

Has he put a spell on Adam to not really notice what he had done to others.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate