Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0302  (Read 920 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0302
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0302
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
Julia is pushing Barnabas to look into his motives. I think she knows deep down he isn't as bad as he pretends to be. I think you see a side of that today.
First Barnabas is ribbing Julia for taking a long time on getting things ready. He being threatening again about Burke. (I think they are setting up the next story line) At this point I think Barnabas is going to stay on. Do you think Barnabas is being mean, so you don't see his soft side. Like how he cared for his sister, Sarah.

I also think the writers like the chemistry between JF and GH, they sometimes nag at each other like an old married couple, or at least people that have been around each other for a while. As said before I don't think these sceens could have been done with a Julian Hoffman. The attention of the show is to what will Julia and Barnabas do ? You wonder what Julia is going to do, will she hang by Barnabas and help him or not? What will he do to her?

I also have to say  that Barnabas lost his cool when the Marriage was announced, another fore shadowing of things to come. He better be careful people are beginning to notice his actions.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:09:18 AM »
Ooh, it's like candy, that long scene between Julia and Barnabas, with Julia pursuing Barnabas until she gets the whole Sarah story out of him.  His description of Sarah does not resemble the Sarah that I see, so I like Julia's guess as to why Sarah's ghost is there.  Barnabas just bundled up any goodness that was left in him and exported it into Sarah.  I wonder if Sarah's finding all that alien goodness sort of uncomfortable.

Is this the first time that we see Barnabas's elegant dressing gown?

There's a scene that badly needed to be included in this episode, but maybe nobody could figure out how to write it.  How is that Barnabas is taking Julia out for a evening in Collinsport?  And what are they going to do?  At the moment they are truly an odd couple, with zero in common.

At the beginning of the episode, Barnabas is dreaming of killing Burke.  At the end of it, Barnabas is focusing on being cured and on stealing Vicky from Burke in the normal, human way.  He seems quite sincere, and I'm sure that Julia is pleased to see the change in him even while wishing he'd forget the girl and notice there's a real woman available - but I myself am having trouble with this within-the-episode transformation.  Maybe the reason tonight's injection took so long to prepare was that Julia put a little something extra in it.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »
It's great to see how Julia's treatments - with the hope that Barnabas would be human again - are changing Barnabas for the better.  [thumb] He's getting rather impatient, though - and we'll soon see what that impatience gets him! [winkg]

Barnabas' reaction to the news that Vicki and Burke were engaged certainly did seem to me like part of the set-up of the next storyline. "Jeremiah!"  It was hard for him to hide it. [cheesyg]

Elizabeth is one smart cookie!  She saw right through Julia's evasiveness.  JB and GH did a great job! [cheer]

I admire Julia's courage, perserverance, and intelligence.  She was great in that scene when she forced Barnabas to talk about Sarah. [bigok]  Sarah  brings out Barnabas' soft side.  :)

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »
and we'll soon see what that impatience gets him! [winkg]

Well, not that soon.  :)  The outcome I suspect you're referring to is still more than two months away.  [wink2]