Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0235  (Read 904 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Discuss - Ep #0235
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
Robservations - #235

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0235

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:24:04 AM »
I liked the way Maggie said she was dying.  Flatly, without self-pity, accepting facts.  I didn't like the response of Sam and Joe: "Oh, no, you're going to be just fine!"  Even if they believed it was true, I wouldn't have liked it.  They weren't addressing her issues; they were addressing their own.

I don't remember being as affected in previous watchings by Sam in the waiting area, talking about waiting for Maggie to be born and now waiting to see if she would die.  I remember it - but today it brought tears to my eyes.

I do remember not liking the nurse much (questions of competence or incompetence aside), but today I looked at her and thought, "What was my problem?  She's OK."  So many things change, and so many things stay the same.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:05:53 PM »
They weren't addressing her issues; they were addressing their own.

Very possibly.  I wouldn't have liked it either.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »
The hands on the clock in Maggie's room don't move, even though time is passing. This condition seems to affect all the clocks in the Collinwood universe.

This second Doc Woodard is my favorite. It seems that already a wild hypothesis about the bite marks is beginning to take shape at the back of his mind.

While Dr. Woodard is examining Maggie in her room at the cottage, Burke offers Sam a drink. But Sam is so worried that he actually turns it down.

Maggie receives a transfusion of blood from a GLASS bottle.

I've always loved the scene of Sam (smoking!) and Joe in the hospital, waiting to see if Maggie will live or die. Joe is a kind and gentle virtual son to Maggie's pop. Beautifully and affectingly played by both actors.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
Maggie receives a transfusion of blood from a GLASS bottle.

Last time someone had to operate on me, I had to go to great lengths to arrange for a glass bottle, because I react to plastic.   I hope we go back to those.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 04:30:29 PM »
I suppose hospitals stopped using glass bottles because of breakage, but they are recyclable as well as non-reactive.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 12:18:16 AM »
Maggie is found on bed. Bloody wounds on neck this time. Things are progressively getting more graphic as the story moves along. There is a Collinsport Hospital and If Elizabeth does not use it, nor will I. The nurse seems less than compassionate at a time when it appears Maggie could die.  She thinks Maggie is dead and then they see Maggie is just gone.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times