Author Topic: BLACKWOOD'S BEST DRESSED LIST  (Read 2784 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: BLACKWOOD'S BEST DRESSED LIST
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2002, 02:02:17 PM »
Petofi, your responses to this question were sheer perfection!

I loved the way Barnabas dressed, especially when he wore dark colors.  His "in the past" outfits, for the most part, flattered him tremendously, especially 1795 and 1840.  To paraphrase another board member, YUMMY!

Elizabeth Stoddard was the best dressed gal on the show, both in modern time and in the past.  Her dresses in 1795 were to die for.

I loved some of Carolyn and Maggie's pretty clothing, but both DID make some scary fashion mistakes--but they were very modern for those times.  Vicki's dresses rarely flattered her, and the sleeveless horrors they forced her to wear did nothing for her bare arms!

Love, Robin

Connie

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2002, 02:19:16 PM »
As for Quentin, well, he falls into the category "couldn't look bad if he dressed in manure".  Nuff said!

I'll drink to that.  [beer]

My all-time favorite dresser is 1840 Quentin.
Beautiful clothing -- dashing, elegant, sexy...and he wears it soooooo well.  

Ooooo baby.  [thumb]

Oh yeah, and his dark blue suit in 1970 present time.  Ah...

-CLC

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2002, 09:09:51 PM »

I say Harry Johnson was best dressed. He always looked so fine, usually wore a suit and tie. He wore a red paisley shirt once, that I would like to have seen more of, it was worn under a sweater, bet that red shirt looked great with his red hair! I also like the gold shirt with green and white stripes. His olive green slacks inspired me to buy a pair of olive green Dickies. In the last issue of Glamour magazine I received, there was a very interesting fashion statement, a woman wearing a floral skirt with a gold corduroy jacket, that I swear looked just like the one Harry wore! It even had the same buttons. The woman was praised for her outfit. She gets my approval too. She must've found some vintage clothing somewhere. It had sort of an old look to it, but it was still in great condition. Harry wins my fashion vote.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2002, 05:55:44 AM »
Best dressed woman: Elizabeth

Best dressed man: Roger

Both had a couple of wardrobe mistakes, but on the whole their clothes were elegant, tasteful, classic and attractive.  And for the most part, they wore the clothes, the clothes didn't wear them.

i.e. Elizabeth's hairbows... and Rogers??
Julia99

Offline ElizabethGrayson

• Junior Poster
  • Would you care to pet my dragon?
    • View Profile
    • Jen's Eclectic Corner...
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2002, 02:14:11 AM »
Well I'd have to say Roger's only fashion faux pas would have been those tweed jackets with the elbow patches....other than that he was impeccable.

EG
Always remember you have the knowledge to do what's right, and the power to right what's done.
(Bill Sisler, "Fields of Honor")

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2002, 02:43:00 AM »
Well I'd have to say Roger's only fashion faux pas would have been those tweed jackets with the elbow patches....other than that he was impeccable.

I would love to have seen Roger wear more casual outfits on occasion.  He had a terrific physique.  But as you say, he was usually impeccably dressed.  I'll bet he would look great in a nice pair of jeans and a well worn, soft flannel shirt with the cuffs rolled up.

Speaking of jeans, my eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw a video with David Soul in it from maybe the mid-70's. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it but it was of the horror genre.  It's terrible of me but I can't remember the movie but I can sure remember how great that man looked in those jeans!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2002, 03:20:33 AM »
Speaking of jeans, my eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw a video with David Soul in it from maybe the mid-70's. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it but it was of the horror genre.  It's terrible of me but I can't remember the movie but I can sure remember how great that man looked in those jeans!

SALEM'S LOT
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2002, 05:45:29 AM »

i.e. Elizabeth's hairbows... and Rogers??

I was thinking of his orange turtleneck and that awful, awful hat.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga