Author Topic: Could Amy have been clairvoyant?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Could Amy have been clairvoyant?
« on: February 03, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
Could Amy have been gifted with clairvoyance? In one episode Amy said she saw her brother in the woods and he was crying.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Could Amy have been clairvoyant?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 08:20:20 PM »
On http://www.darkshadows.com/ it said that Amy was a clairvoyant.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:36:55 PM »
I think she was.  [spoiler]And since she is a descendant of Jenny Collins, a gyspy and sister of Madga, who seemed rather gifted, Amy has good "genes"!!  HEY she was also a Collins but they didn't know it.[/spoiler]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 09:44:03 PM »
In regards to brother Chris, she apparently was.... so while her character hadn't been introduced during [spoiler]Angelique's vampire attack on her brother Tom Jennings, one wonders if little Amy had premonitions of poor Tom's toothy destiny... causing her breakdown, her trip to Wyndecliff, and her meeting Barnabas (which I guess took place off-camera).[/spoiler]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 12:37:09 AM »
I've been under the impression that Amy's being institutionalized was due to the trauma of being orphaned.

[spoiler]Wasn't it Amy that met Liz in the sanitarium and ended up bringing home to Collinwood?[/spoiler]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 07:55:40 AM »
I've been under the impression that Amy's being institutionalized was due to the trauma of being orphaned.

[spoiler]Wasn't it Amy that met Liz in the sanitarium and ended up bringing home to Collinwood?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Amy met Liz in the woods and prevented Liz from being attacked by the werewolf, Chris.  Amy met Barnabas in the sanitarium and they became friends.  We don't see it but hear about it in conversation.[/spoiler]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 08:36:36 AM »
I always thought that the curse somehow affected her as well as Chris.  Since only a male descendant would actually become a werewolf, she didn't have it fully, but she clearly had some aspects of it.  On a couple of occasions she saw the pentagram on the forehead of his next victim.  And she would often go out and stand and look at the moon and clearly seemed entranced or disturbed by it.
Josette

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 12:29:39 PM »
[spoiler]Amy met Liz in the woods and prevented Liz from being attacked by the werewolf, Chris.  Amy met Barnabas in the sanitarium and they became friends.  We don't see it but hear about it in conversation.[/spoiler]

I am so bad about remembering details. I guess marathon first viewings have their drawbacks.  ;D

I wonder if we know why Barn was at Wyndecliff in the first place?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 06:55:55 PM »
I wonder if we know why Barn was at Wyndecliff in the first place?

He was recovering from [spoiler]Angelique's vampire attacks[/spoiler] ;)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 10:47:12 PM »

[spoiler]Wasn't it Amy that met Liz in the sanitarium and ended up bringing home to Collinwood?[/spoiler]

I remember Joe telling Chris that Any went to pieces when she heard that Tom died and had been in shock ever since. Losing someone close to you can be very traumatic especially for a seven year old girl.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 09:03:55 PM »
I remember Joe telling Chris that Amy went to pieces when she heard that Tom died and had been in shock ever since. Losing someone close to you can be very traumatic especially for a seven year old girl.

Adding to such trauma is when your relatives forget your name is Amy and instead, call you "Molly" (as Joe did in that episode). Chris' character was to be named Bob Jennings. "Bob and Molly?" Book me a room at Wyndecliff now. "Chris & Amy" rolls off the tongue better.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 12:37:27 AM »
She was catatonic in the hospital. I believe the character was shown more than once to have clairvoyant tendencies, but I assumed her stay at Wyndcliff had to do with her parents and her brother.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 01:30:14 AM »
Adding to such trauma is when your relatives forget your name is Amy and instead, call you "Molly" (as Joe did in that episode).

LOL!  I always explained that one by figuring maybe Molly was her middle name or something.  I agree Josette, that Amy is affected by some aspects of the curse since she is technically a carrier of it.  I don't know if that really makes her "clairvoyant" except of course where it regards the werewolf's next victim.  I don't recall her showing clairvoyant qualities outside of anything relating to Chris and the werewolf curse.

~Penny Dreadful~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 06:55:25 AM »
I agree Josette, that Amy is affected by some aspects of the curse since she is technically a carrier of it.  I don't know if that really makes her "clairvoyant" except of course where it regards the werewolf's next victim.  I don't recall her showing clairvoyant qualities outside of anything relating to Chris and the werewolf curse.

I agree with this diagnosis, that Amy only felt a close connection to Chris because she carries the curse without actually suffering from it simply because she is not male... perhaps when she was older Chris would have warned his little sister against having children and passing along the family curse.   I do not believe Amy was clairvoyant at all.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 07:55:45 AM »
She was catatonic in the hospital. I believe the character was shown more than once to have clairvoyant tendencies, but I assumed her stay at Wyndcliff had to do with her parents and her brother.

Tom took care of Amy when her parents died. When he was attacked in the woods and ended up dying on her, she went to pieces. Losing the only person who ever cared about her was too much for her.