Poll

How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?

less than once
twice
three times
four times
five times
six times
seven times
eight times
nine times
ten times
more than ten times
more than twenty times

Author Topic: How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?  (Read 4118 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:52:55 AM »
I'm still on my maiden voyage - episode 776, to be exact...
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
Re: How many times have you watched the entire run of DS?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 06:14:55 AM »
I've only seen from the  introduction of Barnabas up to the 1897 story line,  the I ching wands/Petofi...but i look at it as I will always have something new to look forward to when i do see the later &  earlier episodes.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:19:40 AM »
I've only seen from the  introduction of Barnabas up to the 1897 story line,  the I ching wands/Petofi...but i look at it as I will always have something new to look forward to when i do see the later &  earlier episodes.

Same here. I watch about 5 - 7 eps a week.

I'm savoring...
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »
I've seen the show mostly in big chunks. Starting with the few episodes of the first Willie, most of Barnabas & Maggie, all of 1795,  some of Adam, all of Quentin & Beth, 95% of 1897, and ALL of them from the start of the Leviathans onwards.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 04:02:37 PM »
I've taken about two trips around the block give or take a few eps.  And, even though I'm continuing to collect the DVD's as they are released, I still wish a cable network would pick up the series again.   I guess it's kind of silly but there's something about it unfolding on TV that makes the experience seem more alive. 
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 04:09:50 PM »
I've never seen the whole thing. I've watched most of Into to Barnabas -- All of 1795  ;D - and parts of 1895 and parts of Dream Curse.

I'll probably never be interested in the Parallel time or the rest of Dream Curse. I'll skip the remaining 1895 too. I really only like DS in parts

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
I've only got three DVD collections, so I' ve watched the introduction to Barnnabus to where Barnabus turns into a bat and attacks David.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
i'm on my "maiden voyage" as well.

i've watched from episode one and i just completed dvd volume 18(episode 941 being that volumes final episode).when i was watching on video it was taking eons to get through this thing.the switch to dvd has speeded up things tremendously.that's a good thing because i really want to go back and re-watch some of the earlier stuff but have set this task for myself to get through it once.when i get a new round of episodes i'll watch them a few times and then move on to the next.i rarely re-watch out of sequence.

i cheated twice.i skipped the late 1968 fake-vicki episodes and a small chunk of the late 1897 storyline because the petofi stuff started to bore me to tears.

i intend to watch the show through the 1970 present-day episodes.1840/1841pt don't really interest me much.
after watching the 1897 story(which in my opinion went on for way too long)another time travel story is too much for me.i prefer the present-day episodes(this isn't to say that some day i might not change my mind and watch those episodes).

sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 11:10:24 PM »
I've seen pre-Barnabas once, from Barnabas' intro to ALMOST the end of 1897 (probably had about 10-12 eps to go when I ran out of tapes) once--on the 2nd journey now w/the DVD's, 1840 once (on Sci-Fi) and 1841 PT twice (on tape).  Never seen Leviathan or 1970 PT, can't wait either!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 11:41:11 PM »
I've seen bits and pieces of EVERY storyline, excluding 1840 and 1841PT. I've seen ALL of the END of 1970PT, seeing as how I got collection 21 for myself for Christmas. I do eventually want to watch every episode 1 - 1225 (including the Lara Parker voiceover one) in ORDER, but that'll take awhile. XD

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 01:17:07 AM »
I doubt whether I'll ever get to watch the entire show from start to finish.  There are still a few episodes missing from my little collection.  I meant to order the tape that has the scene where Liz tells Vicki her ghost story (at the end of the Matthew Morgan storhyline) but forgot to make a note of the episode number so I could figure out which MPI tape it's on.

Maybe when I'm retired I'll have time for it...

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 01:20:27 AM »
Of course, there are quite a few shows that I've viewed many times--many the Cassandra and early Leviathan shows.  I'm quite fond of early 1897 as well, and I'm Mad About Petofi!

G.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 04:10:29 AM »
I haven't seen the whole thing, either.  I've never seen any of the pre-Barnabas episodes, nor have I seen the last twenty episodes or so of the series.  Ugh, that stupid sci-fi channel dropped DS when it was just about over with!  I'm glad I got to watch as much of it as I did, though, and the comment posted earlier about how better watching DS as a daily serial on TV than watching it on DVD is quite true.  There's so much more suspense not knowing what's to come next and not being able simply to put on another disk and find out.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 01:28:13 AM »
I have seen the entire series once and some sections more than once.  The last time I watched the series on a consistent basis was when it ran on New Jersey Network back in the 1980s.  They stopped it before the last year.  When the videotapes came out I borrowed a friend's set and watched that last year.  My favorite part of the series is the Introduction of barnabas, 1795 and parts of 1897.  I remember liking some of the acting in the Leviathan storyline but hated the storyline.

Even so, I can't really say I have seen the entire series because there were plenty of parts where I hit the fast forward button pretty regularly.  I'm sure as a result I missed stuff I might have been interested in.

nancy

Offline petofi

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • " Collinwood '68 - Fashions courtesy of Ohrbach's"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 01:31:40 AM »
I watched pretty much the whole thing from Barnabas terrorizing David in 1967 to the end when it originally ran 66-71.  Since the MPI tapes and SCIFI, I've seen the whole thing through (from pre-Barnabas on) once, and several storylines, 67, 68 and 1897 three and four times through.

Petofi 8)