Author Topic: Great Change in Forum Appearance  (Read 974 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Great Change in Forum Appearance
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
A long time ago, I think it was with one of the Christmas themes, I complained that I could hardly read the forum.  I had to highlight all the text.  I think that improved after that season.  But, for a long time now I've had a very difficult time and have been highlighting everything.

Recently, I forget if it was with the Christmas theme or even before that, the titles of threads are almost invisible and those don't highlight.  I've been debating whether to ask about it.

Suddenly today it's all fixed!!  The titles are bright and very visible and even the text can be seen.  The blue ones are better than the other, but all can be seen without highlighting.

I don't know what you did, but hopefully you can keep it this way!!!!
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Great Change in Forum Appearance
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »
Honestly, I didn't do anything. This is the exact same theme that we've been using for years except for Octobers(Hallloween) and Decembers(Christmas). But I'm glad that for some strange reason it's suddenly looking better for you.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:38 AM »
That's funny - it's totally different.  And today the print even seems to be larger.  Really, the titles of threads could be slightly read if I used a magnifying glass the last few weeks, and the regular text was extremely hard to see unless I highlighted it.  That part has been for a year or two.  Now suddenly it's all bright!!
Josette

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
Of course, I love the "seasonal" appearances (usually Halloween and Christmas).  But I have to admit that the Christmas one does "blend" a bit.  I remember when I couldn't find the link for unread posts and figured it didn't exist, so I had to go from category to category until I made a post about it.  Our magnificent MB replied and stated that it can be found right under my name.  I couldn't see anything there (again, it "blends") but when I placed my mouse over it (still being invisible to me), my computer stated in the ticker-tape at the bottom that it was for unread new posts.  Voila!  I have to admit that I have an old computer; it got it in 2003 - I still have a tower!  And all the plug-ins are the round things, rather than those small rectangular ones now common.  When my mouse (a roll-ball one) had to be replaced and I went to Office Max for a new one, I had to purchase an adapter where I plugged in my new mouse (with the red laser-light) into the adapter and then into my tower.  I know an ancient relic like that can't show everything that's new. 

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
 [pointing-up]  But on the plus side, thank heavens for those adapters!!  [snow_cheesy]