Author Topic: "New" Indicator for Archive files  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
"New" Indicator for Archive files
« on: January 23, 2009, 07:57:02 AM »
For some time now I've noticed that the indicator by the archived sections doesn't necessarily indicate "new," even when one of the categories within it has something new.  It's not a big deal as I've developed the habit of checking the section every day just in case.  It doesn't take long to skim down and see if any of the topics have something new.  But it really seems strange when the main Archive section shows nothing new, and then when I check it one or more categories does have a new indicator on.
Josette

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: "New" Indicator for Archive files
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
It happened again today.  The Calendar Events/Announcements Archive showed no new posts.  But when I checked it, the '03 II did have a "new" indicator and there was a new new post.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:55:06 AM »
New posts on the archived boards are always indicated on the BoardIndex page (with in the Midnight Storm theme). But it's definitely true that they're not indicated on the MessageIndex page for the current Calendar Events/Announcements, Current Talk, etc. boards. Hopefully that will be fixed in SMF 2.0. Thankfully, though, archived boards with new posts are highlighted to show there's something new.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:44:51 AM »
Your example color I would call sort of gold.  I get that if there is a section which has some new items which I haven't read.  For example, I stopped following the captions in the games category, so Games always has this gold indicator.

My archive indicators are gray.  When I go into that, all of the ones in it are gray unless there is a category with new posts, and then that one is blue.

Anyway, it's nice to know it isn't just something with my set up. 
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »
I stopped following the captions in the games category

That's too bad - you've been missing some great posts lately. Really funny ones!  [snow_laugh]