Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1010  (Read 1526 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1010
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1010
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 02:01:44 AM »
Horace is surprisingly fragile.   I'm sure Harkins was glad no one stepped on his face while the two other actors were scuffling and chasing each other in the narrow alley.   Yaeger's finding the coffin is a twist I forgot.   I guess this tunnell is why I usually think of Cyrus's place as being on the estate but it can't be can it?

I'm in neurological hell and am humiliated by the fact that I have to mention it, but it's impossible to keep it in.   I'm begging whoever aloud just to let me sleep and if I can't it's not only hell for me, but I can't go out and do work I have to do to hold onto my shelter.    I can't talk on the phone to anyone who's supposed to be helping and make any sense.   The eye pressure is horrific.    I'd give everything for at least five hours of sleep right now.    No matter who says they'll help it's always me dealing with it all here in this apt. alone and it's destroying me.   I'll shut up now.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »
Magnus, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles.  I wish there were something I could do to help you.

I guess this tunnell is why I usually think of Cyrus's place as being on the estate but it can't be can it?
I also have always thought of Cyrus's place as being at or near Collinwood, but during this episode I realized that it must be quite near to the Eagle, and this is why Quentin discovered somebody or other in the alley near the Eagle when he was going to see Cyrus a while a back.  Quentin must have parked his car near the Eagle and been on his way to Cyrus's door, rather than walking all the way from Collinwood to Cyrus's house.  I'm surprised at the location of Cyrus's house because things may well get pretty rowdy on occasion at the Eagle, but maybe he inherited it rather than choosing it.

When Cyrus transformed himself into John Yaeger, did he know that Yaeger would murder Gladstone?  I can't imagine him believing anything else, but maybe he just thought: "Yaeger knows how to deal with blackmail better than I do," and refused to think about what measures Yaeger might take.  Cyrus is awfully good at denial.

I find I'm really liking parallel time Sabrina.  Cyrus is her Achilles heel, but other than that, she stands her ground.

We spent the whole episode dealing with John Yaeger's efforts to avoid getting caught, but in the end, the Friday cliffhanger was not about that issue, but about the possibility that somebody might release Barnabas from his coffin.  Barnabas ruled.  What's strange is that during the voiceover we clearly saw that a chained coffin in the Old House basement, but in the end, we clearly saw a chained coffin in a cave.  So John Yaeger may find absolutely nothing when he opens up that coffin in the cave.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »
Bother, my visual memory failed me again.  The replay on the next episode shows that the coffin John Yaeger found is indeed in the basement of the Old House.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:27:21 PM »
The screen captures have finally been added to the Robservations for this ep.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 01:10:39 AM »
Yeager was such a slime. Why didn't Buffie do what Yeager wanted.

Buffie not have a record seemed kind of funny. She hung around with Yeager and
did what he wanted. I would have liked to see her play a stronger character.

I would have loved to see the hand coming out of the coffin. Barnabas would have
been very hungry. Where is the blood bank when you need one. Barnabas
is thinking where is Julia with the blood?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:00 AM »
Magnus, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles.  I wish there were something I could do to help you.

Thanks, Lydia.   I got a friend's help with forms last night, which I need to hold onto my living space, so I'm still limping along, not done yet.  So don't stick a fork in me....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 06:44:38 AM »
I'm in neurological hell and am humiliated by the fact that I have to mention it, but it's impossible to keep it in.   I'm begging whoever aloud just to let me sleep and if I can't it's not only hell for me, but I can't go out and do work I have to do to hold onto my shelter.    I can't talk on the phone to anyone who's supposed to be helping and make any sense.   The eye pressure is horrific.    I'd give everything for at least five hours of sleep right now.    No matter who says they'll help it's always me dealing with it all here in this apt. alone and it's destroying me.   I'll shut up now.

I am feeling your pain, Holy Water. I am just about in the same boat myself. Four, maybe five hours sleep per night the past three weeks. I am having a hard time functioning at work and have become a major bitch.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »
This is it! The episode I've been waiting for! That grim determination on Yaeger's part to hang that damn picture!

Yaeger: You wouldn't understand if I told you.

What, Buffy can't fathom the idea of getting a bottle out of a safe, especially when you've given her the combination?
Oh, wait. I see what you mean. She is the noisiest crook in Collinsport.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 01:09:46 AM »
5/8/70
The basement set is back up! It looks [spoiler]as if our hero will be returning soon![/spoiler]

I have to wonder what John Harkins keeps looking at out of the corner of his eye. Perhaps he is watching for cues by a stagehand.

Great blooper! Poor CP cannot get that damn portrait hung back up!  Hmm…caves where could Johnny be?  This was actually a great plot device to get [spoiler]Barnabas back onto the canvas![/spoiler] The music team always seems to play this particular tune when someone is creeping around at Collinwood!!

Not much to say on this I am afraid.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 03:16:50 AM »
No wonder Elizabeth Eis' speaking voice didn't sound familiar to me-- it's the only voiceover she did.  And kudos to her for not reacting while one side of Pennock's moustache was flapping about.

Why is there a slide lock on the outside of the door to the Eagle?  Seems pretty pointless, not to mention a bit of a fire hazard.  Though from #996, when Yaeger is able to sneak in, plus we see a different entrance when he ejects Steve from the bar, we can assume that the Eagle has two entrance doors.

Sabrina:  "The murderer, did you see his face?"
Larry:  "Well, I only got a fleeting glance at him."
Sabrina:  "And?"
Larry:  "Maybe it could be that man that knows Cyrus."
With that dialogue written, you'd think the director would have prevented Yaeger from pausing in front of Larry in a well-lit area for so long.

Sabrina:  "When he said goodnight, he said, 'Goodnight, my darling.'"
Larry:  "So?"
Sabrina:  "He'd never used that phrase before. The only term of endearment he's ever used is my dear."
Hmm.  How about...?
(#987) My experiment, scoffs Cyrus, heavens, no, have you ever heard such a long list of abstractions in all your life?--mankind, good, evil, darling--I'm a scientist,
(#993) Cyrus eagerly takes the box from the cabinet in which he put it, but returns it hastily when Sabrina comes down with the coffee. Thank you, darling, he says.
(#995) I hoped you would ask me to come, Cyrus, says Sabrina shyly. It will be so dull, darling! he says.
(#998) Both are stunned to see Cyrus walking downstairs. Hello, darling, he greets Sabrina,
Granted, he didn't say MY darling, but while I like the idea of Sabrina catching on, it's too bad they didn't come up with a valid reason for it.

The challenge in getting that dialogue down was that I couldn't take my eyes off their mouths-- Ken McEwen pulls his mouth to the left, even moreso when he's talking tough, and Lisa Richards' mouth pulls in the opposite direction.  Dueling crooked smiles?

Why didn't Buffie do what Yeager wanted.

Do you mean not showing up at the cave?  He mentioned that she wasn't due for another half hour or more.