Author Topic: Beyond the Shadows  (Read 1068 times)

Offline LeFanu

• Junior Poster
  • Like, I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Beyond the Shadows
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »
Hey fellow Dark Shadows Fans!!!

I have a question, and maybe it's a dumb one. But I was recently watching the very end of the show on DVD set 26. Following the last episode, there's a special feature called "Beyond the Shadows."  Most of it consists of a narrated "what ever happened to" segment dealing with most of the major characters, but then after that, there is a musical interlude where they show brief scenes of most all of the storylines from DS. The music they're playing is like a 60's cocktail lounge sounding version of the main DS theme song. My question is, does anyone know where/if this particular version of the DS theme might be available for purchase. It's pretty nifty, and I'd love to add it to my collection.

If anyone could help, that would be great!

Thanks!

Todd (Lefanu)

Online ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond the Shadows
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:25 AM »
I think you're either referring to referring to the theramin version of the DS theme ("Barnabas Theme from Dark Shadows" by the First Theramin Era), which is available on the DS 30th Anniversary album (#18)  or song #6, "Theme from Dark Shadows (alternate)" by the Robert Cobert Orchestra.  The former really is a disco-like number with a lot of percussion while the latter is more like easy-listening.  I would guess these are also part of the Robert Cobert boxed set that came out last year, but I don't know for certain.

ProfStokes

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:19 AM »
LeFanu, I was just recently viewing the segment you mention, and the song you're looking for is #6 on the Dark Shadows: The 30th Anniversary Collection. Amazon has it here. Dark Shadows: The 30th Anniversary Collection (Television Series Soundtrack)
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline LeFanu

• Junior Poster
  • Like, I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:40:06 PM »
Just listened to some of the tracks you guys suggested, and it appears that what I heard was indeed song #6 from Dark Shadows: The 30th Anniversary Collection, "Theme from Dark Shadows (alternate)" by the Robert Cobert Orchestra. Yay!

Thanks, ProfStokes and barnabasjr! You both rock! [ghost_grin]