Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0510  (Read 1331 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0510
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0510
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »
Cassandra is still putting off Roger. Sheesh, she can't even pretend that she loves the guy (not very well anyway) and wants to please him.

Did anyone notice the way Roger was glaring down at Tony and Cassandra? He looked awfully suspicious (heaven knows he has reason to be).

Loved the interaction between Stokes and Julia. I loved Julia's reaction "What?!" when Stokes tells her the "original" Barnabas bricked up Reverend Trask. She was so shocked. Surely she knows Barnabas by now that he was capable of anything.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:27 PM »
Did anyone notice the way Roger was glaring down at Tony and Cassandra? He looked awfully suspicious (heaven knows he has reason to be).

Tony and Ang/Cass weren't up to that, though.... which makes me wonder, does Ang ever love the one she's with, during any of these long, elaborate plots to get Barnabas?    Her attitude might change if she did.    Barnabas might seem less crucial.    She may be caught in an 18th century assumption that says they were/are married, and they were involved in Martinique long before and therefore they should have married then.... I'm not accusing Ang of having morals, but those old morals of the times might have conditioned her to hang on to an idea of Barnabas as her "property".   I know the man was supposed to have the "property" including his wife, but it's Angelique we're talking about....

That Michael Stroka gypsy in 1840, I suppose...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
I was amazed that Tony survived being poisoned. [shkdg] It was neat when Stokes wrote in the empty spaces of Ben's journal without even realizing it. [ghost_wink] The end sure was scary, with the wall moving!  [ghost_shocked] Poor Roger; I agree, Cassandra should have at least let him believe that he was "getting some" from her.  [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »
I was surprised that Stokes managed to get the emetic (it was an emetic, wasn't it?) down Tony.  Doesn't the subject have to swallow the emetic?  Tony looked unconscious to me.

I had a few seconds of pure un-plot-related enjoyment today, when the camera focused on the red candle down in the basement of the Old House.  Very pretty and Christmassy.

Ben Stokes seemed very businesslike about giving his descendant the necessary information.  No trances or sighing or moaning, just: "Here."  Good old plain unvarnished Ben.

So Trask was walled up on the north side of the coffin room.  I think that makes the Old House southward-facing, though I'm not sure that can be definitely determined, since the location of the door to the basement shifted.  Anyway, I was wondering today - and not for the first time - if the other bricked-in segments of the wall contain other bodies.  Joshua's business competitors, perhaps?

Julia said she had known Tony for a long time.  She had known him for less than a year!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
It was neat when Stokes wrote in the empty spaces of Ben's journal without even realizing it.

Just think, in 1840, it's Judah doing that to Ben, having him write in Judah's journal....  should I really be on a first-name basis with J Zachery, as if he's a pal or something?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
Do you think you should be calling him "Mr. Zachery, SIR!"?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
I've just been looking at the slide show for this episode.  "Tony is totally embarrassed by having tried to kill Stokes."  Yes, indeed, what does Emily Post recommend that one say when one has tried to murder one's host?  "Oh, dear, how rude of me, I should have waited until we were neutral territory."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »
Just think, in 1840, it's Judah doing that to Ben, having him write in Judah's journal

I haven't watched 1840 in a while - but did Ben write in Judah's journal? If so, I don't remember that at all...  [hdscrt]  I only remember Ben saw the head and suspected there was much more to it, and then after finding a book that explained about the head, he wrote a note to Desmond about the book and left it for him...

what does Emily Post recommend that one say when one has tried to murder one's host?  "Oh, dear, how rude of me, I should have waited until we were neutral territory."

I suspect it would be very hard to come up with an adequate excuse to cover such a social faux pas.  [wink2]