Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0321  (Read 1249 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0321
« on: June 18, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0321
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:10:17 PM »
Very Good Show! The facial expressions are great.  Sarah showing up and says where is my doll and Maggie says that she gave it to the DR to look at. Sarah is very upset. Why doesn't Maggie believe her when she says that she will go? Maggie should know that she can't control Sarah. But then who can.

Willie throwing the pebles. How did he know what window was hers. How about if Mrs Johnson or Roger came down. Willie was great today. We really don't know what he is going to do until he does it.

Julia should know by now that she can't trust Barnabas to do what he says he is going to do. When has he does it?  He always changes his mind. The only person that could stop him was Sarah. I don't know why Maggie hasn't figured out she is a ghost.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:16:58 AM »
Maggie doesn't know she's living in a supernatural soap opera.   Most of us would even deny the evidence of our own eyes, before believing in ghosts, I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 02:21:59 AM »
Maggie doesn't know she's living in a supernatural soap opera.   Most of us would even deny the evidence of our own eyes, before believing in ghosts, I think.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that I would.

Sarah's so interesting.  Maggie asks her, "Why did you come to see me?" and Sarah says, "I don't know."  I thought she was reaching a point at which she had some control of her existence - but apparently it's still shaky.

Julia is usually smarter about Barnabas than she was today.  Is she indulging in wishful thinking?  "I, Julia Hoffman, have a vampire wrapped around my little finger" - whereas it's going to become more the other way around.

I loved the ending.  It's not the first time we've seen Barnabas looking out that window, and it won't be the last - but I always like it.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:54:52 AM »
I think that Barnabas knows that Julia wants to belileve him.  He has learned with her he get more with honey than with vinegar.  Julia is already getting a weak spot for Barnabas.  She hasn't really learned how to really read him.  Good shows are coming up.  Some very pivitable.

As for Maggie I don't think that she wants to believe that Sarah is a Ghost. I think it has something to do with the imprisonment. She doesn't want to believe that she is flipping out.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »
Indeed, Julia does seem to be starting to get a soft spot for Barnabas.  She was totally fooled by him - she thought she had him under her control - boy was she wrong!  [signerror] It took Willie to set her straight.  At least Barnabas tells the truth to Willie, for whatever reason. [thumb] Willie does care a lot about Maggie - it's too bad he can't convince Barnabas not to kill her, either. [sadg]

It seems to me that if I were Maggie, I would have figured out that Sarah was a ghost.  If nobody saw her and everything was locked, then she must have  simply appeared in the room - and disappeared out of it - which means she's a ghost!  [winkg]  Sam and Dr. Woodard figured it out; but evidently, they neglected to tell Maggie.  [dsapg]

Yes, indeed, that scene at the end of the show of Barnabas looking out the window is great!  So scary! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 01:46:49 PM »
It seems to me that if I were Maggie, I would have figured out that Sarah was a ghost.  If nobody saw her and everything was locked, then she must have  simply appeared in the room - and disappeared out of it - which means she's a ghost!  [winkg]  Sam and Dr. Woodard figured it out; but evidently, they neglected to tell Maggie.
Maggie was asleep when Sarah came, and she had her back turned when Sarah left, so she doesn't have any definite details of Sarah's appearance and disappearance.  Anyway, there are other beings besides ghosts who appear and disappear - though I don't suppose Maggie has studied the subject.  I imagine that Sam and Dr. Woodard were being their usual overprotective selves when they neglected to tell Maggie of the new suspicion about Sarah.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
At least Barnabas tells the truth to Willie, for whatever reason. [thumb]

Barnabas tells Willie the truth because he doesn't think Willie can do a damn thing about his plans. He's made that clear on more than one occasion. (Though we know he underestimates Willie.  ;))

As for Julia having a weak spot for Barnabas, he definitely knows that and he uses it to his hoped for advantage. In a list of his manipulation techniques, "whenever possible, use a person's weaknesses against them to get what you want" is certainly one of Barnabas' favorites because we see him do it time and time again.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
Hey, everybody I'm back!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately....have been going through some personal problems lately, plus I have had birthday gigs to go to.

Anyway I am back to discuss the episodes. (I will go back and add some thoughts on the previous ones later on).

I have to admire Willie today though....he wasn't as easily fooled as Julia had been by Barnabas. Of course he has known Barnabas quite a bit longer than Julia and thusly can read him a lot better.

Sarah is still so adorable. Despite their last encounter and how disappointed she was that Maggie hadn't recognize her she still wants to help her (which makes me wonder if Sarah if ever happen to find out that Maggie had her memory unwillilng erased and thusly it wasn't her fault she didn't remember her ghostly child friend).

Great episode.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »
Welcome back.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »
welcome back also! You were really missed.  [cheer] [cheerleader] [crowdhappy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 02:11:08 AM »
It's good to see you back, IluvBarnabas.