Author Topic: I've heard of suffering for one's art......  (Read 992 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I've heard of suffering for one's art......
« on: February 04, 2003, 12:47:59 AM »
......but Thayer David deserves an award for putting up with those coke-bottle lenses in his glasses.

How on earth he kept that up without getting dizzy and falling over is beyond me.

Does he wear those things for the entire duration of the character?  :o

And speaking of the unholy pair.....is it just me or does Aristede bear a slight resemblance to Barnabas?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I've heard of suffering for one's art......
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 02:05:31 AM »
Does he wear those things for the entire duration of the character?  :o

Yes, Raineypark, he does.  In fact, the glasses become very important toward the end of the storyline.

As for Aristede's resemblance to Barnabas, I've noticed that many of the actors from the show (Frid, Stroka, Lacy, Selby, Crothers, Rodan) have similar dark hair and eyes.  Sometimes when glancing at the montages on the board, I would even mistake one character for another until actually watching the day's episodes.        

ProfStokes

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 02:09:47 AM »

And speaking of the unholy pair.....is it just me or does Aristede bear a slight resemblance to Barnabas?

Oh that is funny i wish we could see Barnabas in Aristede's outfit LOL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 02:17:06 AM »
......but Thayer David deserves an award for putting up with those coke-bottle lenses in his glasses.

How on earth he kept that up without getting dizzy and falling over is beyond me.

I never stopped to think about what it must have been like for him to wear those. Thanks for pointing this out, Rainey.

Not to mention the wooly wig.

BTW, the 1897 storyline takes a major turn in a new direction here ... despite some good moments and a neat twist toward the end, the storyline has a very different feeling from this point on, and I definitely preferred the first 1/3 of the storyline.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 04:25:42 AM »
Thayer David deserves all the acolades he should receive for this upcoming role of Count Petofi. Not only must he tolerate the glasses and wig, but there are episodes when he is in practically every scene-------with rather extensive dialogue. I remember one particular episode when, after it was over, I felt like I watched a one-man show------superbly acted.

Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 05:24:15 AM »
and what about that voice he is doing....after hearing ben and the professor and sandor....at the end of the day he must have a raspy throat, and blind, with an itchy scalp.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.