Author Topic: OT-DS Alumnies Featured in New Magazine / Two New Magazines with DS references  (Read 762 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Good Day, Cousins!
I briught a new magazine recently called Where Are They Now? and it features three DS alumnies: John Karlen, Jackyn Smith, and Kate Jackson. Smith and Jackson can be found on page 10. Karlen can be found on page 114 and his article mentions his years on DS. You can buy this magazine at your local drug and/or grocery store.

Love Y'all,
dvlvan26
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
Two New Magazines with Dark Shadows references
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:10:04 PM »
Hello All,
        The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly mentions Dark Shadows in its cover story on "Lost." I dont' have the exact article here, both it states "Lost" is on the same "parallel" as "Dark Shadows", "Twin Peaks" and "The Prisoner." Good company if you ask me, I love all of these series. Plus, its a positive mention.
       The second is a magazine called "Where Are They Now?", with the subtitle "Amazing stories on what happened to your favorite celebs." Two of DS casts members are profiled, along with the usual array of old sitcom cast members, and they are Kate Jackson and John Karlen. The Kate Jackson profile neglects to mention DS at all, implying she began on TV movies, while the John Karlen article is titled "From Dark Shadows to Detectives." The one page articles tend to have both the requisite then and now photos. John's look just like he stepped off of the panel on 1840, but you can't tell whether he's wearing his usual shorts or even pants at all. The article actually mentions John is a regular at the DS conventions where his shorts are legendary.
        Others featured with DS connections include Julia Duffy from "Newhart" who is married to Jerry Lacey, Gary Sandy of "WKRP" who did "Arsenic and Old Lace" onstage with Jonathan, and Peter Ostrum, Charlie in "Willy Wonka." Perhaps the magazine's greatest blooper is that is states Ostrum graduated Veterinary College in 1964! Wow, he was a doctor for over 6 years when he sang his way into our hearts in Wonka. Maybe they mean 1984.  Kind of a fun, light reading magazine. Still I wonder how Linda Ronstadt, Jeane Garafalo or even Debra Winger feel like being linked with the likes of Antonio Fargas, Robby Benson and Molly Ringwald? Some careers fall more quickly than others...  Now when is someone going to tell us where  Wes Stern, Lisa Gerritsen and our own Michael Maitland are? ::)

Michael ("Not Maitalnd)
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Funny/weird...I read the article while waiting for the dentist (aaah!!), saw the reference to Twin Peaks, but didn't notice DS...hmm.

Patti
What a Woman!