Author Topic: Unending "new" light  (Read 959 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Unending "new" light
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:32:58 AM »
For several days now the box by Calendar Events / Announcements has stayed "lit up" indicating new posts.  After reading all the new ones, it remains "lit."  I checked to see if there were posts in the archive that were new, but it shows "no new posts."  One day I went through the previous pages to see if I had missed something at some point, but there were no new items there.  I read all the new ones, but every time I come back to the home page, the box is still "lit up."
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Unending "new" light
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
In certain themes the new posts icon for the archive itself doesn't actually indicate new posts on its archived boards - however, the name of the board(s) with any new post(s) will be highlighted in the archive's "Child Boards" listing and the new posts icon for the actual archived board(s) with any new post(s) will be on display once someone opens the archive. For instance, several new posts were made to "Premiere Date for Selby's New Series" on "Calendar Events / Announcements '07 I" between August 29th and September 3rd, and those are probably the posts causing the "Calendar Events / Announcements '07 II" new posts icon to remain on display for you.  :)

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 07:27:33 AM »
I don't think I'm following you!  :)  If there were new posts in the archive at that time, presumably I saw and read them.  At that point they were no longer new.  Why would it still indicate new items?  And, it doesn't happen in any of the other boards.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 04:32:36 AM »
After just checking out your account, I'm confused as well. The new posts icon was displayed for the Calendar Events / Announcements 07 II board because there are posts on that board that you haven't read - but when I went back to the BoardIndex page, the new posts icon was no longer displayed.  [hdscrt]

(And BTW, the new posts icon may not be displayed for CE/A '07 II when you login because I opened the board. But when you open the board for yourself, the topics with new posts will display the "new" icon for you.  :))

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 07:26:21 AM »
I still don't think I'm following you!  However, just now, after finishing the new posts on that board, the "new" light finally disappeared!!!
Josette