Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0298  (Read 1076 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0298
« on: May 16, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0298
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »
Good show, we get to see the room that I pointed out in the room game. But besides that after watching this show a few times. Here are somethings that come to mind and are food for thought.

Why didn't Vickie think Maggie memory comeing back, Julia comes in, Maggie's memory gone. Julia did something??? ::) ::)

Maggie is talking about Josette and is really upset. Barnabas talks about Josette a lot. Maybe I should be afraid of Josette and Barnabas ::) ::) Julia asking all the questions about the music box. Barnabas gave her the music box.  [90d1]

I think this is where Vickie begins to not look at things, and I don't understand.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 02:27:29 AM »
Liz had a suit jacket draped over her shoulders today.  It was the same jacket she was wearing the last time she had one draped over her shoulders, I believe, so apparently that's just how she wears that particular jacket.  I wonder if it's specially made to make it easy for her to keep it from falling off.  I like it on her - but why does she need to make a fashion statement in the privacy of her home?  Never mind, that's a stupid question to ask, given the evening gown she was wearing in Episode 1 when she hadn't left Collinwood for a couple of decades.

Like Vicky, Liz felt cold inside Seaview.  Why?  I don't think it's the ghost of FMcAC, since I figure Barnabas didn't find F's handkerchief inside Seaview but rather flew off someplace to pick it up.  On second thought, though, it may be significant that F's initials end with AC.

Weird scene at the Evans cottage.  First we have Vicky pestering Maggie like crazy to remember.  Vicky isn't usually such a pain in the neck.  Then Julia comes in, and instead of drawing her into the conversation in any way, Vicky and Maggie just ignore her while they go on with the Maggie-torture.  Next, Julia once again proves that she can rise to any occasion, and rudely interrupts what appears to be an engrossing conversation by showing Vicky and Maggie a ugly old medallion that any grandmother would be ashamed to own.  And asks Vicky to get her a cup of coffee even though she's in Maggie's house.  Very clumsy, but at least Julia got the job done.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
I agree with Robin that Carolyn looked lovely today with her green sweater and skirt.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that green is my favorite color! [winkg]

It was wonderful to see DS in color today, after watching it in black and white for a while.  [cheesyg] Everything is so colorful and bright! [color] I love the opening title, too.  Dark Shadows is pink when it's over the water, changes to white, then finally is blue at the end. [color]

Julia's hypnosis sure didn't last long, did it?  Too bad Vicki was starting to assume her "I don't understand" mode - it would have been easy to figure out that Julia was the one making Maggie forget.  That's one powerful medallian - one look, and you instantly become deeply hypnotized! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:16:13 AM »
Green can go skidding off the rails so easily.    I like green a lot, but it doesn't take much to shift it into puke or pea territory.     That's one big old ugly medallion.

That DS lettering gets really pink sometimes.   That couldn't have been intentional, could it?     Let's make our scary gothic terror logo all pink?

I'm not sure I believe hypnotism exists.  If it does, it's probably something that happens every day, like when we watch commercials or vote for idiots.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
i agree that the scene at the evans cottage is very clumsy and weird.

i suppose it's meant to illustrate that julia can react to a potential crisis effectively but it's a very oddly written little episode.and for some reason maggie doesn't seem to remember that julia is her doctor. ???

that medallion is one hideous piece of junk.it's supposed to be an "heirloom" but i can't tell when it's from it's just so ugly.

the color finally started to look right in this episode.very bright and cheerfull.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 03:06:19 AM »
i suppose it's meant to illustrate that julia can react to a potential crisis effectively but it's a very oddly written little episode.and for some reason maggie doesn't seem to remember that julia is her doctor. ???

Actually, Maggie was told by Julia not to acknowledge in public that she is her doctor and to go along with the sham that she's just an interested historical researcher.