Author Topic: DS and CATS  (Read 4187 times)

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
DS and CATS
« on: May 24, 2002, 10:03:58 PM »
My two favorite things of all time are DARK SHADOWS and CATS.  :D   Do a lot of DS fans also have cats?  Could it be a personality type? or are we just people who appreciate the better things in life?  ::)    I hope this is not off topic. :'(
I must go to my room and rest.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS and CATS
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 10:18:23 PM »
Well, elizabeth, I am a major cat and dog lover myself.  I currently do not have a cat (oh, I would have adopted two last weekend though if I could convince my corgi they are not chew toys).  My dear little gray tabby Megan died 3 years ago at the ripe old age of 19 and I have really missed having a cat around since then.  What a great cat she was too - I'll have to post a photo of her lovely face sometime.  My guess is that there are many cat lovers in DS fandom though since cat lovers tend to appreciate subtleties, independent thinking, mystery and have extreeeeemley good taste! [egypt]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 11:21:33 PM »
I like cats, but my husband doesn't.  We have a small toy poodle.  He doesn't think she is a real dog either.  Guess who plays with her every night.

Birdie and her little dog too
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 12:29:18 AM »
We have three cats at the moment: 14 year old Muffin, an orange shorthair; 7 year old Tootles, a beautiful Maine coon and 4 year old Tabitha, a shorthair domestic. All three have distinct personalities.

Muffin Man is Mr. Macho, Miss Tootles is the Queen Bee, and Tabitha is the tomboy.

I was brought up with dogs so having cats has been new to me. Wouldn't trade them for a million bucks tho! They are family!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2002, 12:52:35 AM »
We have three vicious, rip-roaring housecats: Abbott, Charcoal, and Dusty. Abbott's the old fart of the bunch; the other two are 3-year-old sisters. They love their Uncle Abbott to death, but being an old curmudgeon, he doesn't want anything to do with them.

Abbott is occasionally known to watch too much television:

[shadow=maroon,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2002, 01:29:30 AM »
I have one cat, Patches. She is about 7 years old, but we adopted her about 2 years ago. She's a Maine Coon Cat and is spoiled rotten! She likes to act tough, but really she is the biggest baby (she is afraid of all men, besides my dad!). She has this big white T on her back, which she is obsessed with; she spends most of her day cleaning that T.

We used to have a black cat, Mindy. She died a little over a year ago, but I will always remember her. She was 16 years old and my parents adopted her before I was even born, so I grew up with her. She always guarded me when I was a baby. I miss her very much.

Yes, Dark Shadows and cats go together!

-Lindsey :)
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2002, 01:48:45 AM »
Mark that photo of Abbott is PRICELESS!!! ROTFL!!! [lghy]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline The charming Mr. Blair

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2002, 01:57:18 AM »
I have 7 cats! Everyday when I sit down to watch DS 4 of the cats come and try to pile on top of me. I call it quality bonding time with my feline family. I know the cats recognize the theme music and they often seem to be staring at the screen. ;) It is my, as well as their, favorite time of day.
I must go. However, I shalln't be long.
 Good day everyone!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2002, 02:07:03 AM »
 I love cats!!! I currently have 4 cats now. Up until last week, we only had 3, but my daughter, who just turned 16, has a friend who decided to give her a kitten for her birthday. He is a male, and we still haven't named him yet.  The other three are BabyBrow, (male)   Meow (male) and Stinky ( a female kitten that my olderst daughter bought home one day) They are like a family here to us and are such a joy to have. I had to tell my daughters though, please don't bring anymore strays home or this place will become a zoo pretty soon. I also have a few outside strays that come and visit and we feed all the time. :)                                                        

Mark, That picture is adorable!! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2002, 02:53:53 AM »
Mark, your Abbott looks like our Muffin Man.  Our macho man attacks dogs that walk on his turf yet runs for cover when he hears the garbage truck!

A great picture!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2002, 02:59:03 AM »
At first I thought you were talking about the musical CATS :D. I have two cats right now and one toy poodle. One cat is 18yrs old the other is 4yrs old and thinks he is a dog. I have never been without an animal and hope I never will be. My pets are like my children and I love them dearly.
My cats are named Ashley and Poo, and my dog is Ozzie ( not after Mr. Ozborne but after the movie Wizard of Oz). Does anyone watch the Ozborne's? I love those crazy people.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2002, 03:08:45 AM »
Heeyyy Abbott! ;D

What a "Morris" like pic!

As some of you know, my handle Minja is in memory of my calico kitty who adopted my husband and I at our first apartment.  We weren't suppose to have pets there, but stubborn moi figured because the landlady had a poodle (named Fonzi) I could have a cat.  When we left after 2 years, I went to pick up our deposit check and the landlady told me she knew of our cat, but didn't say anything since we were good tennants.  And we got our deposit back!  Minja went to The Rainbow Bridge when she was 17.  My oldest Sheltie Jody "looked" for her feline friend for 3 weeks after Minja left us.  During the last few years of Minja's life my husband's allergies bacame more severe so we've never gotten another cat, and I miss not having one.  We do have 4 Shelties Jody, Chelsea, BJ Monkey and one with.........a Dark Shadows name....BUZZ!  He's black and white and is as onry as Mr. Hackett!  Jody and Chelsea have Companion Dog Titles in AKC Obedience Competition and Buzz is in training for obedience and flyball.

I do vow that someday, when they develop a cure for cat allergies, my husband will be first in line for treatment and then we WILL have another cat!  Right now I live vicariously thru my friends' cats...getting my "kitty fix" whenever possible! ;D
[/color]

[shadow=purple,left,300]Always, Minja [ghost][/shadow]
Of course DS and cats go together...just ask Joshua! ;D
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

DSJanis

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2002, 04:54:23 AM »
I'm out ranked here on the cat issue.  I'm throughly a Dog lover from the get go.

My mother-in-law who lives on our property has a black cat named Pixy who won our hearts out a long time ago.

Our dog loves chasing her around the yard.  Pixy is too smart for her though and always gets away.

I've owned a few cats here and there, just primarily for catching mice but they've been outdoor type only.

My grand father raised Labrador retreivers so I am partial to black labs.  

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2002, 06:43:51 AM »
I to love cats!!! We have two.  Bela, a female, 7 years old.  You don't mess with Bela.  The other one is my daughter.  3 months old, a female, and, get this, her name is Magda.  Magda is solid black and Bela is black and white.  
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline elizabeth

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2002, 08:14:56 AM »
I knew it!!!   DS and Cats!   Life can not get much better. LOL.... :D  :D  :D
I must go to my room and rest.