Author Topic: Just Observations  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Just Observations
« on: June 20, 2002, 10:20:51 PM »
Today when Cassandra called Sam from the grave, did they bury him in his overcoat.  Seems strange that he appeared in it.

When Barnabas went running out of the house he was wearing his smoking jacket and in the woods you could see he had the suit jacket on then.  I didn't even think he had time to grab his overcoat.  He was also wearing that.

I think Nicholas Blair is a grand master of witchcraft.  Angelique wants to be but uses her own ideas to get what she wants.

Yesterday when Nicholas put the herbal potion in one of the wine glasses and no one drank it, he set both of the glasses together and left them there untouched.  What if someone else drank the potion or worse dumped it back into the bottle? ?!? ?!? ?!?

Just some observations.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Just Observations
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 10:40:56 PM »
Today when Cassandra called Sam from the grave, did they bury him in his overcoat.  Seems strange that he appeared in it.

Well, the ghost of Josette always appeared in her wedding dress, and she wasn't buried in that. Perhaps the ghosts of Collinsport materialize wearing whatever it is that one expects them to be wearing from what they know or remember about them.

Yesterday when Nicholas put the herbal potion in one of the wine glasses and no one drank it, he set both of the glasses together and left them there untouched.  What if someone else drank the potion or worse dumped it back into the bottle? ?!? ?!? ?!?

Probably Mrs. Johnson threw it out and commented on how wasteful everyone in Collinwood is.

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 02:10:16 AM »
I was wondering why Sam was wearing those dark glasses, was it because of his blindness, or maybe as a ghost he just wears those glasses...does anyone here know?

Ben

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 02:26:39 AM »
Since Cassangelique let the cat out of the bag by saying that Sam could forever rest in peace, we now know that he followed the bright light and will never be seen again in trenchcoat and shades.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 02:29:26 AM »
I was wondering why Sam was wearing those dark glasses, was it because of his blindness, or maybe as a ghost he just wears those glasses...does anyone here know?

Apparently Sam was still blind in death. Or perhaps he was afraid the moon/candle light would bother his eyes. ;)

But I agree with Tanis - why the hell was Sam's ghost wearing the trench coat? If Maggie did indeed bury him in it, how weird is that?! [lghy]

Welcome to the forum, Ben!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 06:29:27 AM »

Ben

'Cuz he's cool Ben, Sam is the King of Cool. . .i **read** that somewhere.. .
Julia99

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2002, 06:56:37 AM »
When Barnabas went running out of the house he was wearing his smoking jacket and in the woods you could see he had the suit jacket on then.  I didn't even think he had time to grab his overcoat.  He was also wearing that.

I think it was a trick he picked up being a vampire: when you can control the elements you never have an excuse to be underdressed!  Or at least that's what I read on the back of a cereal box once.   ;)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

thom

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2002, 07:08:05 AM »
I think funnier still was the scene where Cass is sending Sam back to his grave and Sam has SHRUNK!! He looks like he was putup on a shelf or a rock in the woods. The FX on this show were too much! I don't know why but he kind of reminded me of that martian, Kazoo(?) who used to be on the Flinstones.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2002, 08:30:41 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~
Its possible Sam was cold coming out of that comfy grave, after all the weather can be a bit chilly.
the sunglasses may have been Maggies idea, as Sam's daughter she would Maggie would want her father to fit in or she was had been watching to many Joe Cool cartoons...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ah, he merely returned when he relized how underdressed he was, one must be sure to maintain
the proper attire when walking or searching in the woods.
As a Collins it his place to set a good example to the people of Collinsport.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I think Nicholas Blair is a grand master of witchcraft.  Angelique wants to be but uses her own ideas to get what she wants.

~ ~ ~ ~
I am not sure about Nicholas being a grand anything, although Angelique has always been an original thinker,
also sometimes her plans work!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~
I believe if anyone drank that potion it would only make them want to stay in Collinwood and possibly dream of staying in Collinwood.
~ ~ ~ ~
Just some observations.

~ ~ ~ ~
I enjoyed your wonderful observations, thank you. :)
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2002, 08:57:26 AM »
I think the practical explanation for Sam Evans' attire is that the writers just wanted us to be able to recognize the character; so they showed Sam as he might have looked on an average day at the Blue Whale and not as he might have been buried.  The glasses could have been an attempt at continuity.  

Welcome, Accomplice_to_Cass!  :)

ProfStokes  

The Late Mrs. Collins

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2002, 09:03:16 AM »
I don't think Josette's ghost wears a wedding dress.  I believe it's supposed to be the portrait dress.  This is the dress Maggie wore while being held by Barnabas except when the "marriage" was to take place.  Then she wore what was supposed to be Josette's wedding gown.  Later in the 1795 flashback, Josette's wedding dress is different (and improved).

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2002, 09:34:16 AM »

It seems like as soon as Sam put those dark glasses & overcoat on, he didn't want to take them off!  Even when he eventually had the dream he still was wearing those dark glasses, even though he could see as good as anyone.  Lately, he's been looking like "Mr.Cool" in those glasses so maybe the title stuck with him.  I also found it funny that when he appeared to Vicky to tell her the dream, he actually had to sit down in Barnabas' chair as if he was there on a social visit. Since when do ghosts sit down?? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2002, 03:49:07 PM »

Apparently Sam was still blind in death. Or perhaps he was afraid the moon/candle light would bother his eyes. ;)

But I agree with Tanis - why the hell was Sam's ghost wearing the trench coat? If Maggie did indeed bury him in it, how weird is that?! [lghy]

Welcome to the forum, Ben!

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2002, 10:31:11 PM »
I don't think Josette's ghost wears a wedding dress.  I believe it's supposed to be the portrait dress.  This is the dress Maggie wore while being held by Barnabas except when the "marriage" was to take place.  Then she wore what was supposed to be Josette's wedding gown.  Later in the 1795 flashback, Josette's wedding dress is different (and improved).

Yes, Josette's ghost does wear a wedding dress, complete with veil. It is not exactly like the dress she wears in the portrait, however (more than one actress played the ghost in the early eps so her face was always hidden by the veil). Josette did not marry in this dress . . . however, Angelique did. After her first dress was ruined by Zombie Jeremiah, she changed into another "simple" white dress for her marriage ceremony to Barnabas, and it is identical to the dress Josette is wearing in the portrait.
(I have this episode on tape and I have examined it very carefully).

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2002, 11:13:23 PM »
Today when Cassandra called Sam from the grave, did they bury him in his overcoat.  

Yesterday when Nicholas put the herbal potion in one of the wine glasses and no one drank it,

Just some observations.

Tanis

Sam is just setting the stage for Pee-Wee Herman's appearance in an upcoming storyline.

And Nick - another fan of the wonderherb! [smokn]

>when you can control the elements you never have an excuse to be underdressed! <  Who needs an excuse to be undressed???? [Still haven't got my new glasses, - the Hare has lost his spectacles, and did not have a spare pair]

But I am certainly a fan of the Sheriff's shiny haircut!

YDHTCMS Ringo [jester]
[just warming up! I'll be back up t'speed soon!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!