Author Topic: collinsport used cars  (Read 2203 times)

Offline denise

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
collinsport used cars
« on: August 02, 2003, 04:29:54 AM »
Notice how all the cars in Collinsport don't seem to have mufflers? You can always hear their approach.
Also, has ever a poll been taken as to what cars belong to what characters like Quentin to (model car here). I leave it to your discretion.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
Re:collinsport used cars
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 05:40:12 AM »
Notice how all the cars in Collinsport don't seem to have mufflers? You can always hear their approach.
Also, has ever a poll been taken as to what cars belong to what characters like Quentin to (model car here). I leave it to your discretion.

I can think of a few:

Victoria Winters... Volks Wagon, of course
Roger Collins... has been seen driving a Mustang
Laura Collins... Firebird.. fits her to a crisp.
Angelique... SKYlark, reminds her of her ex.
Barnabas Collins... Cadillac he needs the trunk space

Sarah's [ghost]
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 03:40:29 PM »
Liz (if she ever left Collinwood)--a BMW
Willie--an El Dorado
Carolyn--a Corvette
Joe--a T bird
Mrs. Johnson--an Oldsmobile
MM

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 05:27:54 PM »
Dear Denise,

What a great idea for a Dark Shadows poll!

Okay, let's see:

Adam - A Hummer H2 or, possibly, a Ford Expedition.

Harry Johnson - A Yugo or a Chevy Chevette (with an expired registration and no insurance, of course).

Dr. Julia Hoffman - A Volkswagen Passat, but one definitely equipped with a Sears Diehard battery, considering how infrequently the good doctor actually gets to start (much less drive) her car, what with her all-too-frequents sojurns into the past and now into Parallel Time.

Ezra Braithewaite - A Studebaker.

John Yeager - A souped-up Lincoln Continental just like actor Ron O'Neal's in the hit flick, "Super Fly."

Bartender Rob Rooney - A Plymouth Duster.

Eve - A Land Rover Range Rover with a state of the art cell phone so that she can always call Jeff Clark.

The Eagle Hill Cemetery Caretaker - A Model T Ford.

Professor T. Elliott Stokes - An ambulance very similar to the one used by Egon and the boys in "The Ghostbusters," but one also equipped with such necessary items as assorted talismen, diving rods, monocles and a couple of packs of I-Ching cards.

Dr. Eric Lang -  A Grand Marquis equipped with a trusty tape recorder so that the doctor can always record spur-of-the-moment brain storms/inspirations for Dr. Julia Hoffman's later use.

Jeff Clark - A convertible Toyota Camry Solara with super-sized vanity mirrors, so that Jeff  (along with everyone else in Collinsport) can admire his lustrous, flowing locks as Jeff tools around Collinsport Bay Drive! (Nicholas Blair might opt for that particular Toyota model also, but, "sans" the convertible top, IMHO.)

Bob the Bartender, a proud graduate of the Carolyn Stoddard Hawks School of Defensive Driving.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 07:53:59 PM »
Harry Johnson - A Yugo or a Chevy Chevette (with an expired registration and no insurance, of course).

Priceless! LOL!!!

dom

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 10:01:02 PM »

Priceless! LOL!!!

Every one of BTB's coices are priceless. I really like Lang's tape recorder equipped Grand Marquis, but he-who-I-refuse-to-name's Toyota Camry Solara with super-sized vanity mirrors to admire his hair is absolutely hysterical!

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 01:48:21 PM »

Oh, Bob the Bartender, did you ever bring back memories!  The Plymouth Duster - the second family car that every third family had.  It was a staple on the streets in those wonderful, wacky, and fashion-challenged mid-70's.  And then, like polyester, turquoise jewelry, platform shoes and bubble umbrellas, it simply vanished from the face of the Earth.

Gerard

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 03:03:51 PM »
And then, like polyester, turquoise jewelry, platform shoes and bubble umbrellas, it simply vanished from the face of the Earth.

Oh Gerard....I REALLY wanted a bubble umbrella :'(

Never got one :'(

Also, REALLY wanted the Barbie Style-head, to do make-up & hair  :'( :'(

But Gerard, polyester & platforms are back ::)

WHY DON'T THEY BRING EARTH SHOES BACK!!!!!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 12:24:38 AM »
Oh, Bob the Bartender, did you ever bring back memories!  The Plymouth Duster - the second family car that every third family had.  It was a staple on the streets in those wonderful, wacky, and fashion-challenged mid-70's.  And then, like polyester, turquoise jewelry, platform shoes and bubble umbrellas, it simply vanished from the face of the Earth.

Gerard,

Ah yes, the beloved Plymouth Duster, an automotive staple of the "halcyon" decade of the 1970s!

Of course, another extremely familiar car of the so-called "Decade of Me," was the always reliable Chevy Nova.  If I had a dollar for every Nova that I saw cruising along the Garden State Parkway, the Long Island Expressway and the Connecticut Turnpike during the heady days of Dick Nixon and Don Kirschner, I'd probably have been able to afford a closetful of John Yaegar's timeless suits!

No doubt, Mrs. Johnson drove her lime green Chevy Nova every Saturday morning on Highway 9, as she faithfully made her way to the Hancock County Flea Market in that booming metropolis otherwise known as Aurora, ME.

Bob the Bartender, proud, former owner of a Volkswagen 411 (just like Harrison Ford's in "Witness," but painted a "conservative," bright red).

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 01:49:45 AM »
I drove a Chevy Nova to college.....now THAT brings back some happy memories!  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 04:53:53 AM »
I drove a Chevy Nova to college.....now THAT brings back some happy memories! ;)

My mom drove a Chevy Nova when I was elementary school. It ran really well - well, until some idiot parked his car at the top of the hill we lived on without pulling the parking break while he ran into the variety store there and his car came flying down the hill, sideswiped about three cars, but hit my mom's car head on because no one was parked in front of it, and spun the car into the middle of the street, totalling it.

I'm afraid that's not such a happy memory. ;)

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 07:52:43 PM »

Gawd, do I remember those cars!   Back in the late 70's when I was 18 years old I had been working full time for awhile and managed to save up enough money to buy a brand new car for myself.

Well, I narrowed it down between two cars,  A Plymouth Duster & a Chevy Nova.   The Chevy Nova won out of course!!  Wow how I loved that car!

The seemed to have lasted a little more than the Plymouth Dusters had, whatever happened to them?

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 12:59:34 AM »
Another Nova driver!  I had one and my than future husband drove one too.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2003, 01:06:38 AM »
They seemed to have lasted a little more than the Plymouth Dusters had, whatever happened to them?

They were just phased out.....GM considered making them in  a "joint effort" with one of the Asian auto makers...but that went nowhere.

Or so the resident autofanatic tells me.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2003, 05:56:40 AM »
i also had a Red(white roof) Chevy Nova(with Kennedy for Senate bumper sticker )which i put 100,000
miles on it until some John Yager clone barrelled into
it and totalled in front of my house! I loved that car!

jennifer(sorry Patti i have a polyester allergy)
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV