Author Topic: My Overview of the 2007 DS Event in Tarrtyown  (Read 8600 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: My Overview of the 2007 DS Event in Tarrtyown
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »
There is always some nut who wants to cross the line of appropriate behavior and be a weekend stalker - try to hunt down the celebrity's room, phone, car, where he or she is likely to eat, etc...try to take pictures or make public his license plate information

Just to be clear, Karlenfan and I did NOT go searching for his car, or any car associated w/him (nephew's, webmaster's, what have you).  These two cars in question were parked directly across from where we were parked and we noticed them on our way back from getting lunch at the deli down the street, this was before we made the mistake of walking through what we thought was dry lawn, only to discover it was more marsh-like than we anticipated, LOL!  I at first thought they were from VA as Ontario plates look similar and I thought, "Geez, they drove all the way up from VA?" only to discover that they were instead from Ontario.  They were both parked near where his room was so we put two and two together and supposed that one or both were somehow associated w/him.  As for making public that personalized plate, Midnite and I discussed that and had decided it best to pixalate about 1/2 of the plate to prevent anyone from going nuts and trying to track him down in Canada.  After I got home from the Fest however I decided not to put ANY part of it up as I realized it would have been a violation of Jonathan's privacy.  Not to mention the fact that 1/2 a plate is all some ppl need.    8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:09 PM »
One thing I noticed and just remembered (memory is going, can't remember what I had for breakfast!) is that they allowed anyone and their brother to tape during Jonathan's show.  This I have *never* seen before!  In the past Pierson has always emphatically told ppl they could not tape (in fact, I believe they used to close the room before so Jonathan could set up, then reopened it for fans-at least they did that at my first Fest in 1990 at the Vista).  Anyhoo, guess it's not such a big deal to tape his show anymore, but found that curious since we'd be informed on here some months ago that no one but a hired professional was going to be allowed to tape.   8)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline testokes

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
I actually thought the chicken was pretty good!  That salad on the other hand could have been better.

Celebrity stalking can indeed be a little weird.  About the only close experience I had was with an obscure Doctor Who celebrity at a Star Trek convention years back.  I ran into him in the hotel bar and asked me to come sit and talk since NO ONE else at the convention really knew who he was beyond a "oh yeah..............that guy" sort of thing.  We chatted for a few hours or so and had dinner the next night.

As I said in my own review I don't really get why someone didn't have Jonathan personalize the photos in advance as well but maybe getting them to the right person would have been a nightmare.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 04:08:56 AM »
One thing I noticed and just remembered (memory is going, can't remember what I had for breakfast!) is that they allowed anyone and their brother to tape during Jonathan's show.  This I have *never* seen before!  In the past Pierson has always emphatically told ppl they could not tape (in fact, I believe they used to close the room before so Jonathan could set up, then reopened it for fans-at least they did that at my first Fest in 1990 at the Vista).  Anyhoo, guess it's not such a big deal to tape his show anymore, but found that curious since we'd be informed on here some months ago that no one but a hired professional was going to be allowed to tape.   8)

It's a mystery me as well. but then... maybe Mr. Frid told Pierson to FO, which would make perfect sense to me.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 05:34:45 AM »
Knocked some of cynicism right out of me, in fact.
That is so disappointing to hear.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »
MsC, I just saw your avatar and the message underneath.  You kill me!!!

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »
Okay, the story, I'll start:

We are running for the last train from the city to Tarrytown. Just make it, with some woman coming in just behind us. Dude with her is leaning in for the long and very, ummm. ambitious kiss goodbye. Since there was no one there to surgically remove his tongue from her tonsils, when the doors start to close he he hops on in with her.....

Next.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
Quote from: sheenasma
Next.

Our group, consisting of MsCriseyde, sheenasma, Midnite, VampiRich, and 6 members of the CFDS fan club including our LdyAnne, settles in at the back of the car for the long (not express) ride back, while the tongue-tied riders have barely stepped inside before starting to get their freak on in full view of the rest of us.  Both were so wasted that I'm not sure they could've found seats if they'd tried.

Next.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 05:02:33 PM »
Both were so wasted that I'm not sure they could've found seats if they'd tried.
However, they were able to find every body part that should not be groped, massaged, or otherwise fondled in a public place. She was wearing an off the shoulder dress-top, or, at least, it was coming off her shoulders when we saw her.

It should also be pointed out that these two were by no means teenagers. He was 60ish. She was younger, but probably late 40s or early 50s.

When I asked the gentleman taking our tickets if there would be an extra charge for the show, I was assured that there would not be.  ;D

Meanwhile, there were two uniformed police officers in the train car, but they initially did nothing.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
Boy, that was some story you all had in the train, yikes!!

Enjoying, the fest accounts, one thing, my husband seemed genuinely surprised that Jonathan did not stay in another hotel up the road--though while that might have made security easier, it might have made logistiics harder, and there were probably fans staying at the overflow hotels anyway..

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »
Boy, that was some story you all had in the train, yikes!!
Oh, we haven't even gotten to the good part yet. (I left the "Next . . ." off my last post. Oops.)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 01:47:19 AM »
I do have a question, with all this talk of security precautions, does anyone here who knows some of the other DS stars knows if there have been any of these problems with say David Selby, Lara, KLS, John Karlen??  You would hope not....

I will have to say honestly that if I had unexpectedly run into Jonathan in the hall I might have been initiially stunned and really tried to maintain my composure, but would certainly keep my distance--it is the few bad apples that can ruin it for the rest....

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 02:38:06 AM »
So these two are going hot and heavy, she is sliding up and down him, he is grinding on her. Some guy, early 20s and not at all shabby comes into the car and says something I didn't hear. Someone in our group asks if he knows them, and the kid says "That's my dad...he gets drunk sometimes and it happens".

Father of the year is oblivious to his son's mortification, and keeps notching the show up a gear. At one point they are leaning against the door. The train pulls into a station, the doors open and they fall out onto the platform...

Next
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 04:18:35 PM »
That's nice that they provide free entertainment on your train ride. Next time I'm taking the train and not renting a car. >:D
Which one of you is going to provide the next sorrid detail to this story?
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
Which one of you is going to provide the next sorrid detail to this story?
Me.  ;D They got back into the train car amidst a round of applause from the other passengers. After all, it's polite to applaud when you're witnessing good entertainment.  >:D

Next . . .