Author Topic: A Dark Shadows Cruise? / merged /w DS cruise update  (Read 9179 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: A Dark Shadows Cruise?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 01:44:08 AM »
some of the stars who live in LA won't go to New York anymore~~and vice versa.

Like who?
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 03:42:41 AM »
Been on ships before,  if done in the fall  we would need to stay away from the  hurricanes. . Depending on how big the ship is you can feel them move with the sea.

Gotta mention this. When my spouse and I ventured on the cruise ship from Boston to Bermuda - I think it was 1995 - there were five hurricanes following us. We watched the weather report every morning. I recall watching from my room the ship's stabbilizing wings come out. I loved every minute of it. We had a competant crew, plenty of good food, and a bartender. If we were going down, we were going down in style, let me tell you.
All in all, it was a grand time. Had lunch and breakfasts with George Takai, snorkeling...just a lot of fun. I reccomend this type trip to anyone.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 04:13:28 AM »
It will be a cold day in hell before I ever set foot on another cruise ship. Did a day cruise off the coast of Florida a few years ago, and I have never been so sick in my entire life.  [puke]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »
It will be a cold day in hell before I ever set foot on another cruise ship. Did a day cruise off the coast of Florida a few years ago, and I have never been so sick in my entire life.  [puke]

Get the patch!  I use it all the time when I'm at sea.  Despite my fanatical love for being on a ship, I am one of the unfortunate ones who gets mal-de-mar when I stir my coffee too fast.  With it, I've never experienced a moment's queeziness, and I've been through some rough waters (including one transatlantic crossing with 40-foot waves).  It works perfectly at exorcising that demon in the inner ear!

Gerard

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 05:36:20 PM »
Get the patch!  I use it all the time when I'm at sea.  Despite my fanatical love for being on a ship, I am one of the unfortunate ones who gets mal-de-mar when I stir my coffee too fast.  With it, I've never experienced a moment's queeziness, and I've been through some rough waters (including one transatlantic crossing with 40-foot waves).  It works perfectly at exorcising that demon in the inner ear!
Had it at the time. Didn't work. Perhaps if I had wound myself in them as though I were a mummy . . .  ::)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »

Doesn't also depend on how big the ship is? I just remembered that  I spent a lot of time hold to the high rails and bars or holdings they put on the sides.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

David

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 05:47:12 PM »
some of the stars who live in LA won't go to New York anymore~~and vice versa.
Like who?

The two Donnas, McKechnie & Wandrey, appear in NYC only.

Lisa Richards appears in LA only.

Sharon Smyth, who seems to have dropped off the radar, also appeared in NYC only.

Chris Pennock/James Storm used   to appear in NY, but don't anymore.

David

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 06:53:18 PM »
last night they aired the agatha christie classic "murder on the orient express" on tcm.

what if instead of a cruise it was a trip on a grand old fashioned train with sleeper cars and the requisite mystery on board?

they have a very nice one that leaves from new york,travels all the way up the new england coastline and ends at niagra falls...i've always wanted to do it but it's quite expensive.it could be glamorous and fun.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
Felix is now forming in the Carribean,  if we were on a ship would be be able to out run it? A train sound great.  We could do a train that starts in Seattle and goes down the west coast.  It could stop in Portland and I could get on.  I have an motive in this suggestion. 
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

David

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 09:09:36 PM »
a cruise could be taken in winter.
aren't there no hurricanes then?

a coastal train trip, re-creating Victoria's journey to Collinwood, would be
GRAND!

David

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 10:51:52 PM »
There is a fan who has her own travel agency (at least she did, I'm guessing it's still around) and they specialize in cruises I think.  That might be the place to start and they could no doubt use the business in this 'book online' world.  Her name is Helen Samaras and the company name is Classic Cruises and Tours, it's in Long Island NY.

I will try and make contact with the above person next week and ask her to come here and let us know what this would take. I hope we can make it happen.
May you die before you want too.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 12:53:14 AM »
The two Donnas, McKechnie & Wandrey, appear in NYC only.  Lisa Richards appears in LA only.  Sharon Smyth, who seems to have dropped off the radar, also appeared in NYC only.  Chris Pennock/James Storm used   to appear in NY, but don't anymore.

Okay, as far as I know, Donna McKechnie's first and only Fest was last year in Brooklyn.   Has she appeared at any others?  Donna Wandrey HAS appeared in LA before, she was at the 1991 Fest for sure and I'm pretty sure she was there in 1994.  Lisa Richards was, IMHO, such a *minor* chararcter who even cares if she ever appears again?  LOL!   >:D  From what I understand from a friend who is on the committee, Sharon is no longer invited, not sure why she was so sweet.  Jim Storm was at the Brooklyn Fest in 2003.  I'm told, w/the exception of this year since none of the LA stars, save for Lara and KLS, were invited, that the past couple Fests he's been priorly committed and that's why he hasn't come.  Chris Pennock was in Brooklyn last year. 
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 01:00:07 AM »
Had it at the time. Didn't work. Perhaps if I had wound myself in them as though I were a mummy . . .  ::)
I'm surprised it didn't work for you, Crisey!  Like I said, I'll get sea sick watering my lawn, but when I put the patch on, I'm good as gold.  One time, while crossing the Atlantic on the Queen Elizabeth 2, we hit that storm with forty foot waves and the ship pitched like a bucking bronco.  I had the time of my life.  I had supper in the dining salon with only 50 other passengers (it seated over 1,000 in two sittings) and then went to a "pitching party" in the ship's disco and had a blast.  My friends who were in our shared cabin ended up in the hospital getting a shot in the poop deck with hundreds of others.

Try the mummy treatment with the patch!  You can be like Krusty the Klown on The Simpsons who tried using the nicotine patch to quit smoking.  He had them all over his body and had to keep licking them!  (Hysterical scene!)

Gerard

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 01:01:56 AM »
Chris Pennock was in Brooklyn last year.  

Ran out of time to modify, Chris was all set to come to this year's event (this was before he got that acting gig) when he learned the LA stars were not invited.
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 04:54:43 AM »
The Dallas '86 Fest had only two guests~~Frid & Terry Crawford.

Yeah, well, all the early Fests had only a few guests - and most weren't even stars but production personnel like writer Ron Sproat or producer Robert Costello (both of whom I'd love to see attend again some year).

I don't think a lot of stars started attending until the '86 NJ Fest. And that was probably because DS had been showing on the New Jersey Network (though, sadly, it was canceled and ended right around the time of that Fest  >:().