Author Topic: Willie Loomis: DS' Favorite Punching Bag Par Excellence?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Willie Loomis: DS' Favorite Punching Bag Par Excellence?
« on: August 22, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »
Hey gang,

Did you ever notice how poor Willie is the recipient of so many thrashings on the show?  I mean, after appearing in only a few episodes, Willie gets his lights punched out by alpha-male Burke Devlin in the Blue Whale (much to proprietor Bob the Bartender's "great" chagrin).  [boxing]

Of course, Willie really got the stuffing beaten out of him, when an enraged Barnabas took his cane to Willie's carcass one night.  Oh, the pain and those seemingly permanent black-and-blue marks! [90d1] [5363] [twak]

And in an example of "With Friends Like These...." how despicable was it, when Willie's former "buddy," Jason McGuire, punk-slapped woeful Willie only a few days after Mr. B. had cudgeled his maladroit manservant within an inch of his life?  [a395]

Oh, poor Willie's shellackings seemed to go on and on as the jealous Joe Haskell once pummeled Maggie Evans' unrequited love, and the assertive man/child Adam almost crushed Willie's cranium as badly as the late, "lamented" Phil Leotardo had his cocoanut crushed by that errant SUV! [help]

I do hope that Barnabas kept up with Willie's Blus Cross/Blue Shield payments. [angel7]

Bob the Bartender, who believes, like the ethereally beautiful Bathis Mapes was wont to say: "Make love, not war." [luv] [love3] [love7]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Loomis: DS' Favorite Punching Bag Par Excellence?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:20:26 PM »
I do hope that Barnabas kept up with Willie's Blus Cross/Blue Shield payments. [angel7]

It was really Willie's lucky day when Julia happened on the scene and stuck around permanently because then he had a doctor around 24/7 to tend to his every wound.  [wink2]  (Well, except for whenever she disappeared for a few months here and there into other times. Though in those instances one would hope Willie would have sense enough to behave.  :D)

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »

It was really Willie's lucky day when Julia happened on the scene and stuck around permanently because then he had a doctor around 24/7 to tend to his every wound.  [wink2]

I shudder to think what might have happened if the good Dr. Hoffman had not been on Willie's HMO plan! :o

David

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
 ;D

all of Willie's beatings are further proof of how ahead of it's time DS was~~it's the first soap to accurately show a graphic S & M relationship.

Bad boy, Willie!
On your knees, boy!!!

David

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
;D

all of Willie's beatings are further proof of how ahead of it's time DS was~~it's the first soap to accurately show a graphic S & M relationship.

Bad boy, Willie!
On your knees, boy!!!

Yes, seeing Willie get the bejesus beaten out of him by Barnabas, Burke, Jason, Joe, et al, I'm almost reminded of the comely Gretchen Mol and that other actress in that "heated"  S & M photo-shoot sequence from "The Notorious Bettie Page"! [diablo] [violent1] [angel4] [love10]

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 03:32:09 AM »
In the lobby of the Marriott at 3am? Absolutely.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »
wasn't julia always being throttled by the big b and quentin and well, really any one who felt like it? 

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
It was really Willie's lucky day when Julia happened on the scene and stuck around permanently because then he had a doctor around 24/7 to tend to his every wound.  [wink2]  (Well, except for whenever she disappeared for a few months here and there into other times. Though in those instances one would hope Willie would have sense enough to behave.  :D)

Willie's lucky day? Dr. Hoffman beleaguered, belittled, and badgered that boy.
Fix me a laboratory, Willie. Stake this vampire for us, Willie. Dig this grave, find us a body, dream this curse, but don't tell. You will take the blame for stalking Maggie Evans, and stay at Wyndecliff, for you are quite mad. You can't have happiness with Roxanne, because you must carry out our plans.
Did I leave anything out? Wait. Didn't she light up a cigarette while Wille was in an oxygen tent?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »
Well, I was only speaking in terms of Willie having nearly constant access to a doctor to tend to his physical wounds. As you rightly point out, the effect Julia often had on Willie's psychological health is another story entirely!  [b003]