Author Topic: Jan./Feb. Sci Fi Schedule- 1897 Continues  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Jan./Feb. Sci Fi Schedule- 1897 Continues
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2003, 06:16:51 AM »
Do they have a 24-hour Lawrence Welk channel?

Perish the thought!! [lghy]

But LW already runs on a lot of PBS stations, so we can only hope they have an exclusive contract with whatever outfit holds the LW rights, and that PBS will continue to renew their contract so that the 24-hour Lawrence Welk channel never becomes a reality. [wink2]

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2003, 07:26:37 PM »

Perish the thought!! [lghy]

But LW already runs on a lot of PBS stations, so we can only hope they have an exclusive contract with whatever outfit holds the LW rights, and that PBS will continue to renew their contract so that the 24-hour Lawrence Welk channel never becomes a reality. [wink2]

Oh this is so funny, the only reason I mentioned Lawrence Welk is prior to my posting I saw it on our PBS channel.  I remember how upset my grandmother was when "The Lawrence Welk Show" went off the air.  Well, she probably gets to see the show live since both she and Mr. Welk are in the same place.  Of course for her at least, that would be heaven.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
O/T: Re: Jan./Feb. Sci Fi Schedule- 1897 Continues
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2003, 05:56:52 PM »
I think I saw this recently advertised on the Pax channel. This is the show starring Jack Klugman, right?

(Cassandra[/font]

Cassandra,

Yes, that is the one.  But I just checked the Pax web site and Quincy isn't listed.  Is this a show they plan on airing in the future?  Could you please elaborate?  I really miss the "Quinster" and would be eternally grateful to you for any information!  Thanks.  [wavey]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: O/T: Jan./Feb. Sci Fi Schedule- 1897 Continues
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2003, 07:20:03 PM »

Cassandra,

Yes, that is the one.  But I just checked the Pax web site and Quincy isn't listed.  Is this a show they plan on airing in the future?  Could you please elaborate?  I really miss the "Quinster" and would be eternally grateful to you for any information!  Thanks.  [wavey]

HappyBat,
    My cable company carries Fox Net. which has "Quincey, M.E." on at 3pm EST everyweek day.  Check your cable listings to see if your cable company carries this channel and what number it is under.  I hope this helps.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2003, 12:06:37 AM »
How many of us routinely watch anything else on Sci Fi?...What about the miniseries "Taken?"  It gave Sci Fi the highest ratings of any cable channel, for the first time.  I'd be curious to know how many of US were watching that.  I certainly wasn't.  And I don't think that would come as any surprise to the number-crunchers at Sci Fi.

I watched Taken when it aired recently on SciFi, and enjoyed it for the most part...especially the first half.  Though it wasn't the best thing I ever saw, I think there was appeal to folks outside the 18-35 demographic (of which I am NOT a member, I might add).

Also am a big fan of the X-Files, so have lately been watching it on the channel as well. Have also been known to catch an ep of Twilight Zone and/or Star Trek.  And I totally miss Quantum Leap with yummy Scott Bakula.  Maybe they'll bring it back sometime.

I agree with you Raineypark, that SciFi probably doesn't care too much about pissing off DS fans, as evinced by the number of times they pre-empt the show. But obviously they must have SOME regard for the show, given the number of times they've aired it in the past few years.

But then again, they're also still airing Sightings...;)
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2003, 12:16:28 AM »

HappyBat,
    My cable company carries Fox Net. which has "Quincey, M.E." on at 3pm EST everyweek day.  Check your cable listings to see if your cable company carries this channel and what number it is under.  I hope this helps.

Onyxtreasure,

Thanks for the tip.  First I checked the Fox website, and although we do get Fox TV, their Boston program schedule is different and does not include Quincy M.E. :'(
Not satisfied, I even called their Dedham office which confirmed the bad news.  

It does sound like a show that PAX might carry, considering that they currently air "Diagnosis Murder" and other family type shows.  But it may again be the case that it is the Boston PAX channel that doesn't carry it. Maybe I should drop a note in their suggestion box.  

Finally, my apologies for keeping it all O/T like this!  And thanks for helping me in my quest for Quincy-

Getting back to the topic, I'm no fan (or believer) of UFOs in general, so I completely passed on "Taken".  It does seem to me that Scifi tends to peddle their own wares to the exclusion of quality vintage shows like Dark Shadows.  However, I did catch a lot of the the Twilight Zone marathon. Wonder if their are a few TZ eps I still haven't seen?

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2003, 12:35:59 AM »
I've probably seen ever single Twighlight Zone episode ever made a half dozen times or more.....so I didn't watch much of this year's marathon.

But I did happen to turn it on when "Monsters on Maple Street" came on, and once again I marveled at the timelessness of those shows.  My 16 year old turned to me and said "Mom.....we just read that story in English and all we talked about was how it related to events right NOW!".

rainey  

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2003, 03:46:47 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  First I checked the Fox website, and although we do get Fox TV, their Boston program schedule is different and does not include Quincy M.E. :'(
Not satisfied, I even called their Dedham office which confirmed the bad news.  

It does sound like a show that PAX might carry, considering that they currently air "Diagnosis Murder" and other family type shows.  But it may again be the case that it is the Boston PAX channel that doesn't carry it. Maybe I should drop a note in their suggestion box.  

FOXNet is a cable version of the FOX channel. It is available only in areas that do not have a local FOX station. That way people who live in rural areas can still see their programming. The WB network does the same thing. In fact, the cable WB aired "Quincy, M.E." until 2000 or so.

PAX also does this, except most people get the cable version since PAX is far from a major network. I've checked listings for Quincy, and it appears only FOXNet is airing the show. Also, local stations are airing the show - however these may just be part of FOXNet, since it may assign fake names to it's stations to make them look like they're normal stations. National listings for the series are available at Yahoo. The link for it is here:

http://search.tv.yahoo.com/tvtitlesearch?p=%2b{quincy+me}

Include the last {quincy+me}. The link isn't recongizing it as being part of it. Sorry for getting this topic more off topic

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2003, 05:01:30 AM »
I've probably seen ever single Twighlight Zone episode ever made a half dozen times or more.....so I didn't watch much of this year's marathon.

But I did happen to turn it on when "Monsters on Maple Street" came on, and once again I marveled at the timelessness of those shows.  My 16 year old turned to me and said "Mom.....we just read that story in English and all we talked about was how it related to events right NOW!".

rainey  

i agree Rainey once again i watched the marathon
and his messages are still true!
Talking Tina once again("Living Doll") was the one on at 11:45 pm on Dec 31 so i missed the ball in NY
at MN because it is one of my favorite episodes of all time of any show! it is still creepy today and love that Telly(with some hair)LOL
i do watch certain shows like Slideers, forever Knight,
and t Zone and Outer Limits!
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2003, 06:21:24 AM »
Honestly, I doubt very much whether Scifi cares if we snipe. They know that pissy viewers are still viewers, and that is the bottom line. DS must be a modest success, or they wouldn't keep it.

Personally, I think if they ever ran a 15 second ad for it once in a while, it would be more successful. Oh well.

I do watch it. My VCR is set for taping DS and so Scifi comes on when I turn my VCR on. That makes me more prone to check it out. Now that I'm working again, I don't watch as much. I did really enjoy watching "Twilight Zone" in the daytime, I will always love that show.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2003, 06:58:13 AM »
The link for it is here:

http://search.tv.yahoo.com/tvtitlesearch?p=%2b{quincy+me}

Include the last {quincy+me}. The link isn't recongizing it as being part of it.

This link might work better:

Quincy, M.E.

Sorry for getting this topic more off topic

Please don't worry about it. :D

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2003, 10:27:31 AM »

Cassandra,

Happybat,  I just got this information from my Mom (who knows her TV shows!) that Quincy comes on here (N.Y.) on Sunday nights at 7pm on WLNY which is channel 10 here now. (it use to be called TV 55)  I just saw the advertisement again for it tonight.  You might want to check your local listings where you are as this sounds like a N.Y. based station but perhaps they have a sister TV station that based in your area.  Hope this helps. :-)

Cassandra[/font]
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2003, 12:47:57 PM »
Talking Tina once again("Living Doll") was the one on at 11:45 pm on Dec 31 so i missed the ball in NY

Talking Tina to Laura Collins:

"My name is Talking Tina, and I think I'd like to strangle you."

"My name is Talking Tina, and I'm glad you're dead."

;)

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2003, 05:39:38 PM »

Talking Tina to Laura Collins:

"My name is Talking Tina, and I think I'd like to strangle you."

"My name is Talking Tina, and I'm glad you're dead."

;)

ROTFL i love that doll!

jennifer
kinda got the creeps when my daughter got a doll that
talked have to admit i was nice to it!Heehee
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2003, 06:24:50 PM »
kinda got the creeps when my daughter got a doll that talked have to admit i was nice to it!Heehee

Talking Tina and Chuckie invade Collinwood! Now that's a combo!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe