Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0977  (Read 1261 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0977
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0977
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:18:44 AM »
Poor Barnabas, the injections are actually making things worse.   I sense a really bad decision coming.   He needs someone to lock him up at Wyndcliffe.

Why is Sabrina fondling herself?  But then, does one really need a reason?   She might be killing time before "Action!".

Is Sky still in the closet?  Literal meaning.

Good for Sabrina... I like her story, traumatized by the transformation, the long torturous climb toward recovery, then coming to terms with it, then reviving her devotion to Chris but not in a doey-eyed way but in a smart, practical way, eventually [spoiler]becoming his salvation as well as her own.   No magical solutions through vampires time-traveling, just a couple working out how to deal with a very messy, nasty problem with no easy solutions.  In the end, Chris is very lucky.  I hope he realizes it someday.[/spoiler]

In the PT room, someone ducks down and walks under camera level, he thinks...  Guess some things are constant in all universes!

Sabrina gets bit.   And she's off to the much-frequented Collinsport establishment "Coffins 'n' Scarves'!   One-stop shopping for vampires and victims, novices and old hands!   New shipment of turtlenecks just in!   We even have secluded booths in the back where you can both be alone!

"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:39:36 AM »
I felt bad for Barnabas today.  When he bit Sabrina, I felt he honestly couldn't help himself.  Poor Sabrina, so absorbed in her troubles, with no idea she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I must admit, however, that although I say, "Poor Sabrina," I don't really feel it.  There isn't much life in her.  I keep wondering what Chris saw in her in the first place.  I know her experiences must have changed her, but if there's nothing left of the original Sabrina, then why should Chris and Sabrina stay together now?

Parallel time Chris was dropped very casually into the mix today.  I was mostly looking at the portrait of Angelique.  She looks as though she's made out of plastic, but the eyes have look alive to me.

Barnabas said once again that he feels drawn to the parallel time room.  Roger was the voice of reason. Barnabas and Roger are such good friends, even though Roger knows very little about Barnabas.  Does Roger have any insight into Barnabas's true character?  It seems unlikely, given how chronically oblivious Roger is.  But Barnabas still values Roger.  Maybe he finds Roger's obliviousness to be a comfortable contrast to Julia's acuity.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »
In the PT room, someone ducks down and walks under camera level, he thinks...  Guess some things are constant in all universes!

LOL! Very true!  [ghost_wink]

I found myself too feeling extremely sorry for Barnabas which isn't often the case! 

2/24/70

I think it is very cool that in this time band Chris is a Collins by name who lives and works @ Collinwood!  [spoiler]On the other hand PT is a bit sad for me because I know in the coming months we will lose Donald Briscoe with the Chris Jennings fiasco never solved.  The more I think about it I think DS could have continued on the supernatural path by exploring some of their older storylines. Perhaps bringing in a new actor to play Chris, bringing Adam back, letting Count Petofi wreak havoc on the present!  Alas….[/spoiler] Cool effect (for its time) with Roger walking toward his counterpart.  The production team deserves a hand for really coming up with stuff and flying by the seat of their pants! 

Leave it to the Collins family to prove a theory to be “right!” There is a gremlin or something below the camera?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
I too feel sorry for Barnabas as the bloodlust is overpowering him. In the past, whenever he's given into his urges, I always believed no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't resist. But I don't think he's ever had the urge so bad as he's had it in this episode.

I agree with Sabrina's assessment that Bruno would have killed her and Chris once Chris fulfilled Bruno's use for him. I know she still loves Chris, but I agreed with Chris that as long is as he is, a future between them would not be very wise.

Now Sabrina is Barnabas' latest victim. Hope she doesn't suffer Megan's fate....will Barnabas be able to control his bloodlust?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:57 PM »
It is strange that Barn knows about Chris, but Chris doesn't know about Barn.  I wonder how Chris would have reacted if he know. Would Barnabas be doomed?

I have been thinking that even as the wolf Chris does recognize people.

At least this time Barnabas doesn't get angry with Julia about the cure.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:09:22 AM »
Liz:  "Quentin will be back with his bride soon."
--
Chris:  "Quentin is bringing Mrs. Collins back."
This is soooo Rebecca that I'm surprised they're not calling her The Second Mrs. Collins.

Barnabas to Julia:  "Never before have I felt such a creature of the night. I cannot help but destroy or be destroyed."
Am I the only one who thinks that was probably clearer in the script?

Why is Sabrina fondling herself?  But then, does one really need a reason?   She might be killing time before "Action!".

lol  Or overacting?

I think it is very cool that in this time band Chris is a Collins by name who lives and works @ Collinwood!

Have we learned yet that he's a Collins?  I assumed that Roger didn't react to learning that PT Chris is a cousin because that didn't come up.

I too feel sorry for Barnabas as the bloodlust is overpowering him. In the past, whenever he's given into his urges, I always believed no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't resist. But I don't think he's ever had the urge so bad as he's had it in this episode.

How about when he fanged his "own flesh and blood"?  I don't get why they ignored that.